586,110 active members*
3,358 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Hybrid View

Post Intermac Master Bevel 2300

Hi all. The previous machine user has left and I need to get the machine back into production so any assistance would be necessary. I have problems to start work making Masrer Bevel 2300 CNC machine. This machine has been in use for several years, and manuals have been lost over the ages, and I've found (CNC OSAI serie10) instruction book from the Internet. But I missing CAD / CAM instruction book.

Tecnical information:
    Mashine: Intercad Master Bevel 2300
    control panel: 1st generation: machine equipped with CNC OSAI 8601 and CRT monitor
    PC program: Intermac Master Bevel revision 3.44 (Works at MSdos)

Problem Points:

• How to transfer program from PC to CNC. I can successfully transfer program between MP1 / MP2 / A:. My PC and the CNC is connected by a cable which goes to CNC machine port: EAI RS-232, and I would like to transfer to succeed in this way.

• How to NC program verification / editing machining center (like zero-point change)

• Problem in MDI Tool exchange, the message "PIN NOT INSERTED” pending tool for the exchange (the machine stops at process)

• Situation at suction cups mount blows but doesn't suck (there is switch at both workstations to activate but does not affect)

• Measuring tool library T number does not work (only accepts 1 to be inserted)

• If someone knows how in 3.44 cad/cam program how move point in cad drawing or how to find instructions to this old program.

Lightbulb Pump problem solved

activation ventil at pump was blocked.
    Resolved the problem by spraying water through the input pip and I got water to pump.

More broblem

I get brogram in NC
    MSG-LOG
    "SYS"
    "complete cycle"
    "sinngle station"
    name HARJ1
    Pices 1
    Thickness 6
    Positioning "N"
    REDY FOR EXECUTION ???

should read "PRES START"

pressin start putton and i get error FILMS4 52

(CONSOLE DISACTIVATED buttons and selectors have been temperatly disactivated by the machine logic.) :tired:

and it means?

hi,

did you get your problems sorted? If not give me your email and I will be able to help.

Also have instruction manuals for cad-cam which I can send.

No broblems

I got help from Jan and most of my problems are resolved

Only program transfer from PC to CNC still unsolved, but I think it is something wrong in windows settings.

Solved problems:
    I got this German manual to CAD/CAM bevel 3.44 and find the mysterious F5 key to put X and Y value so I can choose the seropoint and do not need to install every time stops.

B-axes was skewed so I clocked it direct and set values to F25 and F19 so that pin can be inserted...

I do not remember actually T number problen... No problem there...

Exclamation Spindel failure

spindle spinning speed goes over 10'000 r/min I get message no tool in spindel and machine turns power off. This same problem appears shometimes lower spining speed. ("Control on" starts mashine and it is redy when axes is reseted)

It is not good that galss loses suction and tool stops in it and I can't use small tools that requires more than 10'000r/min.

I think there is shome sensor failure or tool clamp is worn.

Anyone knows what can be done if spindle clamp is worn or if the sensor replaceable?

Above the electrospindle, there is a magnetic sensor which sensors that the tool is still attached.
    If I remember right, there is three sensors (and three narrow electric wires for them) and one is for tool sensoring.
    The other two are for spindle tool locking position.
    Only the tool sensor need to be re-positioned. It is because the old toolholders are worned out too much and go too deep.
    Btw, where in Finland is this machine located?

Re: Intermac Master Bevel 2300

After movement of the X-axis in the minus direction machine remains in
    the "run" mode, the machine stops and watsh dog error appears.
    Movement plus direction machine goes after movement into "idle" mode ,
    and the error does not appears.

Do any have some information about what could be the problem?

I had a problem. PC crashed between machining and started to load from boot floppy disk. It did not affected cnc machining, except that the control was lost what the machine is doing.
    At the same time when I was repairing the CPU batteries figured out what this was caused of PC power supply crashes.
    The new one was more difficult to get, when the power supply connectors is original PC connectors is directly from the 1980s, and needed combine wires.

Attachment 300248

I changed the clamp to new (was wery rusty and balls was not round anymore) and adjust sensor and now everything is good and I can use 15'000r/min without any problem...

Machine is located in Raisio.

Almost 2 year now worked with it so there is still some watch dog problem but I think it is temperature issue in control box. Even intermac answered that voltage output at SITOP is wrong but it is correct and still sending programs with disc... But... I am able make a living with this machine

Well it seems there is some problem with x axis. Maybe you need to change some numbers in /MP0 - AXCFIL

IMPORTANT!!! SAVE YOUR MACHINE DATA BEFORE CHANGING ANYTHING

Open in editor the AXCFIL go down to NAS=X. You will have some line starting with RAP and POS. There are some numbers behind them. On RAP write "RAP=10000,800" and on POS write "POS=0.10,2
    Try this. It removed me the watchdog error. Eventually I can send you the intermac original files if your interested.

PS: Did you ever grinded the table surface to make it straight? I have to make it on my machine but I am running in some problems.

Hope I helped
    Best regards
    Mule13

I changed the floppy drive to CNC machine to this kind of USB reader.
    I managed to clone boot disk to USB stick.
    PC no longer could not read it at all after that but it worked in that "Liar floppy drive" and now I can stop use 1.44 disks.
    Attachment 301580

Now this Intermac Master Bevel 3500 machine has come to its end. The tool attachment mechanism inside the spindle is stuck and tool replacement is unsuccessful. The new spindle costs more than the value of that machine. If someone needs spare parts against a small fee so you can ask.
    Or the whole machine as long as the transportation from Finland and the "trouble" is replaced.

The new CNC-machine is coming on May 1, 2017 so there is little time if someone needs it or some parts of it. Let me know.

How you use F5 to not setup stop all the time? I try to figureout but I cannt

Thank you mule13
    It seems to solve the problem.

I would love to know what all can be adjusted from MP0. So what do they all do or mean?

I have changed the entire surface of the table, because the iron table were several millimeters crooked. At first I used a long 65mm milling tool and milling the entire plastic part off and the iron table machined straight. I glued the plastic surface and machined it straight. I made the grooves on table whit extended 10mm mill tool.
    Program I made whit G-code in the editor.
    Program will be opened on screen menu “SPG”
    Enter the program name

Attachment 276980
    Slot Milling program if I remember correctly now looks like this:
    G90 ("absolute" programming)
    A0B0 (A and B axis to zero)
    M35 (Pin in)
    M3S5500 (Clockwise 5500 rpm)
    G0X0Y-2003.6 (rapid traverse x200 y-axis to center of the y-2003.6)
    M7M8 (water on)
    G1G91Z-59F2000 ("incremental " Machining motion 2000mm/min z-59)
    G1X3000F750 (Machining motion X3000 750mm/min)
    G0Z59 (rapid traverse z59)
    M5M9M13M45 (stops the spindle / off water / water off / pin out)
    G90G0x0y0 (rapid traverse x0 y0)

When I put after SYS command there is option to choose if wants to set stops...
    OEM
    MSG-LOG
    "SYS"
    Complete cycle (1) "1"
    NAME "program"
    PCS FOR EACH STATION "1"
    THIKNES "class thiknes"
    POSITIONING Y/N "load stops or not"

And if chosen N: it uses F25 "01" seropoint which I have put to be at Y-1950 X250 (A,B,Z same value as "99") so I use that seropoint all the time... And if choose a Y: F25 X and Y need to be 0 at F25 "01" (there is option for use more than one seropoint but I don't use it so I never has tried how it works.)

Thanks MyMind,
    I was able to grind the table today. I think the finish of it is quite good but I suggest that B axis is not completely straight. I have the original values from Intermac, but when I used those, the pins did not go inside so I have changed the value in F19. The thing is I dont know how to find out when is the B axis in level. On the screen its shows me 0 but when I look at the pin its not exactly in the middle of the place where it should go in. Anyway I think I made good job I will have to make also the suction cups because also those are not straight.

In MP0 you can change almost all the parameters of the machine.
    In axcfil I usually change values when I get a specific error or watchdog. If you have axis error during zeroing you open this file, go down to the specific axis and change the values of NAS, RAP with some smaller values. I removed almost all my watchdog errors thanks to changes in this file. Sometimes it still happens to me but Intermac told me its a battery or power problem inside the machine. Its a commonly known problem of the machine they told me. So its not possible to remove it completely.
    I dont know exactly what do all the things mean but I was changing many things in many files so if you need something specific tell me. Atleast we can compare the values what we have.

Best regards
    Mule13

Oh... More to it...
    At CAD you need to move part to seropoint...

ELB
    MOVE (no copy)
    ALL (gray one)
    Pres ENTER
    END (blue one)
    Select close to corner where you need to set sero point
    Pres F5
    pres 0 enter 0 entre F1
    SAVE and EXIT

Make brogram at CAM as usually...

leveling A + B axis:
    Use dial indicator to set A and B to level
    Attachment 277354
    Use MANJ mode and jog speed 0.001 steps.
    Attachment 277356
    Choose A level it using +- directions and same to B axel
    Attachment 277358

add values to F19 to E72 and E75
    E72 = - 0.005 – 11.47 = -11.475
    E75 = 0.018 + 8.55 = 8.568
    Attachment 277360
    And to F25
    99 = X=0 Y=0 Z=???? A=-11.475 and B=8.568
    Attachment 277362

Reset axis "F18" or run “F19” to take fixes to use.

Check fixes whit dial indicator so all is leveled correctly

Thank you, I try from CAD it work great.

Page 1 of 2 12