586,127 active members*
3,352 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Dragging Items around

Dragging Items around

When moving items around the work area in mastercam x4 after the move has been made the location where the part was still has the original part but it is hightlighted red, is there a way to just delete the original part ? If the move is very small it gets kind of tedious to delete all the little lines. thanks

The RED color is for the original, PURPLE for the new

This is usually after a COPY, the items you Xformed are placed into a, sort of "template", until you "CLEAR COLORS" which clears any tempory templates and these colors revert back to their original colors

This template is quickly selected by using the "ALL" button on upper user toolbar under the "GROUP" ..... the "RESULT" are the PURPLE entities, & can be selected in a similar way. Once selected you then can do further actions on those items, ie change colors, levels, delete or Xform again

But, issues do exist on some graphics cards, or your graphic settings that do leave phantom entities on the screen until you refresh or re-size the screen, these are not usually sectable. This leads me to think you COPIED instead of MOVED

Thank you Superman, I tried the select the color under the all button but I couldnt figure it out. I tried to select the color of the original but I am a little color blind so that makes it a little more difficult. I have decided to place the original as far away from where I want it to be, that works pretty good when it comes to deleting the original.

thanks again

You can alter the colors of many things, access is the the system config --> colors