I have a V2XT CNC Mill that I won at auction a couple of years ago and has been sitting ever since. I have been unable to power up the machine as it came complete with a VFD and running 440 3 phase power.

I have since bought a new VFD that will ( I hope ) let me run on 220 and the VFD will provide the 3 phase for the motor its self. I know little or nothing about these machines but the more I have started to play around with it getting it cleaned up, the more I feel I would love to bring this back to life and not end up just scrapping it.

System is BOSS 10 but there also seems to be some well thought out up upgrades and a more modern PC board in the case along with a 1 Tera bite hard drive which makes me sure it wasn't made that way. Oilers,mister, servo motors look to be either in good shape or replaced recently ( X and Y servo's ).

I don't know enough about these things to even know what questions to ask. But I would like to know if there is a way to power up the system without having to put the VFD in place and starting out with the 220 volt.

Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ray