586,388 active members*
3,391 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Lead out setting for 2 circle same (center)

Lead out setting for 2 circle same (center)

I use MasterCam X3, wire EDM,
    Two circle with same center point, The inner start cut from inside and outter is start cut from out side,
    I don't know how to select toolpath for 2 circle at same time? (mastercam only have inside or outside in lead out setting!!).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails test.png  

I think if you reverse the direction of one in relation to the other it will make the lead-in move be opposing each other in direction... Seems that is what it has done to me when selecting circles for milling.

John_B, I tried your way but "not success" !.
    Can you tell me more detail about parameters setting ?
    Thank you.

The trick is how you select the chain/s ( your closed chain is selected by the entity that you select first, with the nearest endpoint being the start point of the chain )
    ( this assumes that the start point of the circles is at the 3 o'clock position ( zero degrees )

So for the two circles
    inner circle, select above the RH quadrant point on the circle ( it will show 2 arrows ( big for direction - should point CCW, small for the cutting side -should point to the centre )
    outer circle, select below the RH quadrant of the outer circle ( big arrow points CW, small arrow point outwards )

if you do select wrong, that chain can be reversed using the red arrows in the "Chaining" dialog box. Or you can delete that selection & re-select to go the correct way
    ( for the "chaining" dialog box - hit the cheveron, in the upper LH corner, for additional advanced options ( moving start points etc.))

PS - avoid using the WINDOW to select entities, always pick the chain