586,588 active members*
2,562 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 49 of 184 3947484950515999149

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    it means the drive is a vector drive. normal drives cant run the motor well at low speed. for example, you may not be able to run your 2.2kw water cooled spindle below 6000rpm.

vector drives have a feedback system (not a sensor) that lets you use speeds near 0rpm to max speed with full torque. most industrial level machines use a vector drive these days and the tech is trickling down to the hobby level.
    Do you know if a Hitachi WJ200 does the same thats the one i have sitting next to me? Also what kind of spindle would i need to take advantage of this?
    Hive 8 - G0704 CNC Mill - 20 inch Telescope - High Resolution 3D Printer - Lasersaur 100W CO2 Cutter / Engraver

Hi but i ordered and Payed my spindle months ago no sign of Life now ,..

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    Hi but i ordered and Payed my spindle months ago no sign of Life now ,..

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk
    just send him another email asking what the status is. just be patient while he gets back into things. being sick for a month takes a while to recover from.

What spindle would i need to take advantage of a vector drive? Or do i only need to install a encoder that feeds the position back?
    Hive 8 - G0704 CNC Mill - 20 inch Telescope - High Resolution 3D Printer - Lasersaur 100W CO2 Cutter / Engraver

any induction motor. no encoders involved. it uses back emf to "sense" the motor position.

Hello Skyfire,
    How busy you are right now? Do you still take any order? How long delivery time? I am interested with SVM 0 with longer table as discussed here with ER32 spindle. Thanks. Aristo.

any induction motor. no encoders involved. it uses back emf to "sense" the motor position.
    Aren't all the 2.2kW motors 3 phase induction motors? I am a bit confused now.

yes they are induction motors.

yes they are induction motors.
    got it, what would be needed to make them work really well with the vector drive, or are the working with it out of the box and i just need to configure the vector drive correct?

just need the drive to be configured.

my delta drive auto configures itself, I don't know if the hitachi does this. the instructions should tell you everything.

just need the drive to be configured.

my delta drive auto configures itself, I don't know if the hitachi does this. the instructions should tell you everything.
    Got it, thank you for the answer whats the model number of the delta you have, maybe i get it and compare them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hive8 View Post
    Got it, thank you for the answer whats the model number of the delta you have, maybe i get it and compare them as well.
    both of these. the first one I never configured, it was pre done for my teknomotor. the second one auto configured for my Colombo spindle. they bot cost about the same $250-$300 for 1-2hp.

Welcome to Delta Electronics, Inc. - Automotive Products

both of these. the first one I never configured, it was pre done for my teknomotor. the second one auto configured for my Colombo spindle. they bot cost about the same $250-$300 for 1-2hp.

WoW these delta drives sure look nice and do all the hitachi does, if not more, plus the have a option for a break resistor and a I/O card for a 3 photo couplers, really nice.
    with that you should get low RPMs with good torque... Even a spindle that could do thread cutting?

well, your spindle is going to be your limiter. torque on these tend to be linear. so at 24000rpm you have 2.2kw, at 12000rpm 1.1, at 6000rpm its 500w, etc. at 500rpm all you have is about 40w of power, which is not much at all.

compared to a non vector drive however, its huge, as your spindle probably wouldn't even TURN at under 6000rpm. ive used my 750w tekno at around 3000rpm and its pretty useless, haha, but at least it works. I think the lowest it spins at is 4hz which is 240rpm.

thread cutting as in tapping I don't see how youd do that. the spindle isn't "controlled" in that fashion. for rigid tapping you need a servo. using a compression holder or a self reversing holder if you can get it to work, you just don't have much torque at a few hundred rpm. id not expect more than an M3 tap in brass. an M6 tap in brass needs over 1NM which is testing the limits of your spindle in the best case scenario.

Hi all........Wow, rigid tapping in an SVM-0......I don't think anyone would want to do that exercise.....far simpler to have a spring loaded slipping chuck tapper for those threading jobs......those smaller thread tapping jobs that are too fiddly and time consuming by hand or as a second op......forget about the bigger stuff unless you have masochistic tendencies and like to see smoke pouring out of your main drive motor or controller....LOL..

Bigger threads are a different matter.......thread milling comes to mind with a carbide single point thread mill that can put threads into anything be it an ID or OD thread, any pitch and thread form and without any torque problems either and having the high revs for the cutter loading would be a blessing not a drawback .....that is the way I'd approach threading in the SVM-0 if/when it comes to it.

At the moment I'm sitting patiently waiting for the day when the delivery is announced, and I hope and pray all is well in the darkest depths of the Skyfire and co's workplace.
    Ian.

I really like the idea of thread cutting, properly be safer (tool breakage) then even a slipping chuck. Do you know a dealer that sells some thread cutter i am looking mostly for M3, M4, M5 most my work will require that, also a M9 x 1. I was looking at the grizzly Tapping attachment Grizzly.com for my drill press, anyone know if that is good?

maritool sells thread mills down to M4x0.5. with these you just do a helical pass and the threads are done in a few seconds. they also have a single point for odd sizes. they aren't cheap. $50+ but in theory will save you a ton of cash vs taps.

Anyone heard from Defeng? He hasn't responded to my last two emails, the first two weeks ago and the second two days ago.

Same for me so i would recommend to place no Order till any one of US receives something in real ..

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Page 49 of 184 3947484950515999149