586,682 active members*
2,504 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 62 of 184 1252606162636472112162
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

I don't know why he didn't post here, he said he would get back to the forum soon, but that was 2 weeks ago.
    I think he is just working hard to get everything up and running again.

Bjones, is you believe me or not, is not really my concern. I can post a picture of svm1 later today maybe, if that would prove something.

Defeng told me that because all the extra customising most people want it takes much more time, and he was waiting for parts now to finish the other orders.
    I don't know defeng in real life, but I had some nice conversations with him last year, then for a long time I didn't hear anything, and yesterday it was like good old times.
    I truely believe he is working hard to set things straight again. The lack of communications with the customers is not good, but maybe that is something typically chinese, I don't know.

The fact he could show me pictures of svm1 casting, machining, and sheet metal covers that I havent seen before tells me enough!

EDIT:
    Attachment 252866 Attachment 252868 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6a9cbc3c68b77f0488f69beadc025cbf.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	252870

this isn't a chinese thing it's a cowards thing, he needs to man up and face the music and give his customers the treatment they deserve not hiding. if he thinks he can conduct business through a mouthpiece he's mistaken.

If anyone's posts mention another member, or even refers to them, in any negative way, (determined by me) they'll be banned.
    I don't want to close this thread, and you guys aren't leaving me any other options.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Oh man, don't close this Thread! I have been following it like a soap opera. I love it. Best entertainment (reality show) on the air!!! I can't wait to see what happens next. Even if that includes a few humble and not so humble opinions! So Please Play Nice, Kids!

Hi.....I have always been of the opinion that if you should say something if you have something to say, not because you have to say something.

The bunch of castings in post #1208 appear to be stock from the previous work load venture, and by the amount of rust on the outside should be an indicator that they have been "aged" somewhat, so that means any orders with these castings would be quality assured.

I think we have come this far with our expectations and it now just remains to accept the fact that it won't happen today and it won't happen tomorrow, BUT IT WILL HAPPEN......trust me, I have great expectations with Defeng.....LOL.

With great expectation in the air, I now am going to prepare a dedicated space in my workshop (garage) for the SVM-0 mill and can at last assemble the steel bench I bought on special almost a year ago.

There's so many things to prepare for with the installation....electrical points, lighting and tool storage, and that is not counting a selection of tooling (cutters) to get the ball rolling.

I've opted for a number of ISO20 tool holders with ER32 ends with the package, so that will make up and running a possibility from day one or as soon as the packing case is opened and the machine hoisted onto the bench.

Peripherals like mist coolant, spindle water cooling system and most importantly a power draw bar need to be addressed for when the system is operational, but first I must become familiar with Mach 3 and G code.

I have a design for a power drawbar that is going to work with a ball screw and stepper motor pulling down a lever that will be clamped to the diam of the top of the ISO 20 spindle body as it will stick out of the top of the head casting and will remain there when the spindle gets changed for the water cooled high speed spindle.

Having the power draw bar mechanism attached to the spindle body top means once it's adjusted to depress the daw bar (5mm at most with a 10:1 ratio leverage) it will stay adjusted.

That will have to be made when the machine is installed using the machine as a guide to the fitment.

I'm also dreaming of having a simple form of ATC with a tool magazine on the end of the table, but that is for a later consideration.

There's a lot of junk that must be sacrificed for this new adventure.....LOL.
    Ian

Anyone else receive a mysterious package in the mail since the last 2 reports? I know several others have small orders placed like me which don't require any special work done so there is no excuse for the delay. Would be nice if defeng would show up again and run his business like a professional and give people the option to cancel their order and get their money back if they wish. That's what a reputable dealer would do.

I did not receive any package and Mine is just resell part (s) which He doesnt do himself Anyway ...

Ever thought he just took your guys money to build his own machines for himself? The guy has skills, but I'm feeling something bad is going to come from this. Hopefully for you guys he's just overwhelmed and is still working on things...

Hi......I guess that thought has crossed a few minds, but in the early photos there are a number of mills being assembled and some quite far advanced too......the electrical parts in one photo were being installed in the cabinets, so there is some definite progress happening, even if there has been a "quiet time".

The Afrikaaners have a saying when the times are getting difficult with no light at the end of the tunnel and it goes....ALLES SAL REG KOM....or all will come right.....LOL.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by diyengineer View Post
    Ever thought he just took your guys money to build his own machines for himself? The guy has skills, but I'm feeling something bad is going to come from this. .
    yes it has and it's not cool to ignore us and keep our money instead of offering refunds for those that may want it for his failure to deliver. there's nothing on his site saying our money is nonrefundable or be kept to fund other projects or items will take a year to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by bjones View Post
    yes it has and it's not cool to ignore us and keep our money instead of offering refunds for those that may want it for his failure to deliver. there's nothing on his site saying our money is nonrefundable or be kept to fund other projects or items will take a year to deliver.
    I was just browsing the Chinese Central Authorities site.It seems the staff there speaks english as well as chinese, and they have phone numbers & email address.
    For those that have money tied up in this, it might be worth shooting them an email to get some direction which way to go.
    At the least,if the proper authorities get in touch with Defeng, it may light a small fire to have him make contact with his customers to give some sort of intentions.
    Just a thought...

Pat

Nahht....I think I'll just wait it out........I have the deepest confidence that Defeng will produce the goods....just have to be patient like you would with any start up enterprise....the road can get a bit rocky sometimes.

If I was so dang bang in a hurry to get a mill at all costs, I'd have bought one that I might not all that much like but could get now ....'ços I was in a dang bang hurry....LOL.

Remember the old advice....marry in haste, repent at leisure.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by high-side View Post
    I was just browsing the Chinese Central Authorities site.It seems the staff there speaks english as well as chinese, and they have phone numbers & email address.
    For those that have money tied up in this, it might be worth shooting them an email to get some direction which way to go.
    At the least,if the proper authorities get in touch with Defeng, it may light a small fire to have him make contact with his customers to give some sort of intentions.
    Just a thought...

Pat
    thanks for the info, i'll look into it. defeng has done NOTHING to be given the benefit of doubt that he will act professionally on his own so maybe a kick in the butt from the authorities might do something, doubtful though. Can't sit around doing nothing.
    Quote George Carman "He behaved like an ostrich and put his head in the sand, thereby exposing his thinking parts."

Heh Heh.....ya' still gotta go stand in line like the rest of us.......so be patient.
    Ian.

heh heh, not me, i don't bury my head in the sand. i want my money back so i can pay a dealer that knows how to run a business.

I am now working to be one of that supplier in Europa now Check if it is possible to make machines like defeng in Europa ... in 6 weeks i know more

Hi Kam......not sure what you mean by being a supplier and making machines like the SVM series in Europe.

If you mean you intend to set up in business to produce from the ground up machines like the SVM-0, 1, and 2 models, the first big hurdle to overcome will be that those machine are already being produced and at a low cost......so if you have a magic wand to ensure that the labour cost equals if not betters the Chinese, then you can compete.

I could not imagine how you could machine the castings using highly skilled labour which is not available in Europe at a low price.

On the other hand, if you mean that you are going to import the machines as unassembled parts from Defeng and assemble them to be a supplier.......he has already said that his export licence only covers complete machines not kits or parts.

I imagine that you could be more successful if you use the type of design and construction as used by David D'caussin with his UMC-10 model and steered away from the alternative method of making machines from cast iron using expensive and highly skilled labour sources.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    I am now working to be one of that supplier in Europa now Check if it is possible to make machines like defeng in Europa ... in 6 weeks i know more
    that's good to hear, i'm positive people would pay more if needed to get a machine they could actually receive and start using, many use their machines to make money so it is of little value if the machines initial cost is lower if they have to wait over a year or more to get it. how much potential money is lost because the supplier has no clue about running a business. time is money.

Hi,
    i am working on it ,.. but i do not start from zero.
    but to do it properly i need to do my homework
    guess in 6-8 Weeks i can state it properly
    and i will do that here as well.

But we will see if dfeng is faster than i am -

So i make the best out of that so far bad experience i got from sky fire.
    only issue is that i have to do it in steps.
    thomas

ooooHHHHh....6 to 8 weeks, the suspense will kill me......is it going to be a similar project from day one to completion like Skyfire did?

I hope you will indicate from the word go what kind of price range you are aiming for.....you must know what the item in mind will sell for and make a profit, so you must know what you can make it for.

By that I mean when the machine, whatever, is completed it should be on budget with a lead time for delivery.

Defeng will be a hard act to follow, but if you have some magic ingredient or design so revolutionary that one must have it and hang the cost, I'm sure the World (CNC) will beat a path to your door.
    Ian.

Page 62 of 184 1252606162636472112162