586,719 active members*
3,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 61 of 184 1151596061626371111161
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Quote Originally Posted by high-side View Post
    So, any word from Defeng?
    Attachment 251936
    i think there was nothing but smoke blown by skillalot same as that canadian who knew where defeng was, yeah right. must be that defeng is too busy celebrating national day golden week holiday to get to that new computer that will let him post here again. maybe next week.

Quote Originally Posted by bjones View Post
    i think there was nothing but smoke blown by skillalot same as that canadian who knew where defeng was, yeah right. must be that defeng is too busy celebrating national day golden week holiday to get to that new computer that will let him post here again. maybe next week.
    +1

now the trolls are talking to themselves. must be a slow week

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    I know where to get the same spindle if you liked that one. I cannot guarantee that the seller is reliable though, so use the information at your own risk. defeng said these guys order from the same supplier as him, and they use the same manufacturers photos as shown early in this thread.

bt30
    Aliexpress.com : Buy Mini pointed electronic scale mini pointed linear displacement sensor KTR 25 25mm position transducer from Reliable linear encoder linear displacement sensor suppliers on JiaLing FeiLong Automation Equipments Co. LTD..

iso20
    EN033# Spindle with synchronous belt for CNC milling ISO20 ATC petal clamp+ disc spring+drawbar-in Machine Tool Spindle from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com
    A general spindle question - the exploded photo of the BT30 spindle shows complete ball bearings with inner and outer races, whereas the ISO20 spindle only has balls in a cage. Is that something to be concerned about if buying one of these spindles?

Thanks,
    Frank

now the trolls are talking to themselves. must be a slow week
    it has been a slow week for months now hasn't it.National Day Golden Week holiday ends tomorrow so i'm sure defeng will be back on this thread soonly, right skillalot?

Quote Originally Posted by ftkalcevic View Post
    A general spindle question - the exploded photo of the BT30 spindle shows complete ball bearings with inner and outer races, whereas the ISO20 spindle only has balls in a cage. Is that something to be concerned about if buying one of these spindles?

Thanks,
    Frank
    Hi, have a careful look and you'll see the outer races in the pile of parts as well......they are just separated whereas the BT30 ones are assembled bearings.

The difference is probably due to the need to have bigger ID's with the smallest OD's for the ISO20 size spindle and would come under the heading of very special bearings for this design, not your average off the shelf standard order.

When you get down to a critical design like this, bearing size and configuration being the deciding factor does make the spindle comparatively expensive as opposed to standard bearing types, and makes sourcing replacement bearings a pretty difficult exercise if at all possible.
    Ian.

just separated bearings in the iso20 photo. angular contact bearings come apart. this is normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bjones View Post
    it has been a slow week for months now hasn't it.National Day Golden Week holiday ends tomorrow so i'm sure defeng will be back on this thread soonly, right skillalot?
    seriously?

seriously?
    yes, National Day Golden Week holiday is a real chinese holiday that ends today, alas skillalot is doing a defeng now too and ignoring us here after he said defeng will soon reappear, what's up with that?

I'm not trying to be a troll at all. I would like nothing more than Defeng HIMSELF to show up here again, and get the orders filled for those who have already paid him, and work out a payment method that makes potential new customers feel secure about not being ripped-off.
    But, the reasons skillalot gave for Defeng not being in contact sound like complete B.S. I mean really..... Defeng can allow himself to be in touch with skillalot, but no one else that has paid him thousands of dollars?
    Is skillalot a personal buddy of his?? Does skillalot has a secret password or something?
    As I said before, I really like the design of his machines(I was trying to find a Mikini originally), and I'm in the position to buy 2 complete SVM-2's, a dozen tool holders, and probably other supplies. That is if he ever get's his ass in gear and run his damn company.

Hiiiiyyyyy..............while I have a lot of patience in most things, reading tripe from trolls is not one of them........sure we (those who are committed to the long haul) are all waiting with bated breath for the new show to get on the road, but in the meantime the new show must get up and going to be efficient.

Nobody would give much credibility to Defeng if he rushed the show along and produced crap that only pissed everyone off who invested the dollars to get this machine(s) as opposed to something already in production (and costing a lot more) elsewhere.

I could have paid out for something already in production.......$30,000 at our local showroom for machinery would give me a sweet machine with lots of bells and whistles, and that is before any tooling or peripherals were thought of...... and on a special, this time only, never to be repeated offer.....if I was rolling in money etc, and would now be twiddling the knobs thinking up projects to justify the outlay.

I have a sneaking feeling that there might be a re-evaluation of the cost structure for these gems of engineering practice once Defeng has got up and running and firing on all cylinders once more.....that might be expected if not anticipated, so we'll just have to see what turns up when the oven door is opened and the cake rolls out......LOL.

I say "might" as.... if Defeng was using the previous premises with another partner and sharing costs, it is not beyond the realms of reality to realise that going to a new establishment could generate a whole new financial outlay and investment that has to be covered by R.O.I, and any financial backer would need to have a re-assurance that there would be some return worth the lending.
    Ian.

Just keep ignore mode on :tired:

I wrote here so many open doors on how to get in touch with defeng, but apparently I am the only one who actually did any trouble to get contact information, while I don't even have any open orders. My two orders I did, the spindle and the linears, are deliverd.
    Then I finally got some way to contact Defeng, and had a little chat with him, I share the news on this forum, and what do I get back for all that trouble???
    Some complaining that I am not on this forum everyday...

Had contact with Defeng on 27th August, since then haven't heard from him anymore.
    Attachment 252724

Quote Originally Posted by skillalot View Post
    I wrote here so many open doors on how to get in touch with defeng, but apparently I am the only one who actually did any trouble to get contact information, while I don't even have any open orders. My two orders I did, the spindle and the linears, are deliverd.
    Then I finally got some way to contact Defeng, and had a little chat with him, I share the news on this forum, and what do I get back for all that trouble???

Had contact with Defeng on 27th August, since then haven't heard from him anymore.
    Attachment 252724
    sad world isn't it. ive been pointing that out several times that hard info was posted. just gets glossed over with beach references and other nonsense.*sigh*
    I haven't used said info btw, since i didn't get anything ordered im kinda staying out of that side. just trying to keep things sensible here. if this devolved into some sort of scam accusation thread it would help no one.

anyhow, lets hope we hear more soon. as long as hes able to trickle out status every week or so, most people will feel a little better.

probably wont stop the tire kickers though. thanks to whoever is doing cleanup duty on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by skillalot View Post

Attachment 252724
    more detailed help would have been appreciated. i only have a small amount of money involved in this mess compared to a couple others but it's a stake that deserves satisfaction.

Small update:

Hi Skillalot, well, I for one would like to thank you for the updates you have given, the information lines up with what Defeng told me he was trying to do just before he moved. Thanks again,Thanks also to the others who have been working quietly in the background trying to keep in touch, I appreciate it greatly.

regards,

John

Yesssss, now the pot is starting to boil the queue will start to form for those machines that are going to be available from the stock of parts that will be in the store etc......pity on those who can only stand outside with their noses pressed to the window as the queue is so long.

For all those with the balls to commit money to the program and can stand the waiting, all I can say is you are in good company and when the orders start to get on a level tack once more all this will just be bad dream.

I take my hat off to Skillalot for bending over backwards to keep us informed.........so, thank you Skillo, much obliged old sport.

In the meantime, I'm working on a design for a small moving table router to cover a 250mm x 250mm work area as that is all that I want.....it could be bigger, but not in my desire for the type of work I want to do.

The total construction will be from 20mm thick aluminium plate material bolted together with cap screws.

Having sketched up the full size layout for the framework I've now gone to a full size model in 20mm thick sheet polystyrene as it's cheap and easy to work and rework, takes glue easy and mainly to see and get the feel of the framework and see if the travels of the various slides work out O.K. before committing to hardware and material etc.

I'm mainly interested in doing some probing, along with other things, with the router to generate the coding for when I get the SVM-0 mill I'm waiting for, while at the same time using it as a learning machine for better things to come as I am a total nooby when it comes to CNC work, but that will be for another thread when it starts to "materialise".
    Ian.

I've seen pictures yesterday of SVM-1 castings, and svm1 parts being machined on svm2...

In your communications, has he given any reasonable reason as to why he hasn't popped in on this thread to update everyone with the latest status?

Quote Originally Posted by Stigoe View Post
    In your communications, has he given any reasonable reason as to why he hasn't popped in on this thread to update everyone with the latest status?
    good question but don't expect a straight answer. i still don't believe skillalot but if he can communicate what i would want to know is why is defeng working on a third machine when he hasn't fulfilled the orders for the first 2? it's just smoke and mirrors, if defeng won't reply here then this thread needs closed because it's just more of the same hearsay and broken records about noses to the glass.

Page 61 of 184 1151596061626371111161