Hi guys, I'm a machine manufacturer in this field for years. I have dived in the forum for long time and worked backstage in R&D. some of you guys maybe are using machines with my design or solution.

This is my first thread and would like to share one of my development works of a small desktop CNC from designing, sketching, mould building, casting, machining etc. to last assembling and testing. Of course it's a formal product project, but I plan to just talk about the technology and building issues in this thread. Any comments and talk on this will be welcomed, I would like to share opinions with you guys in this thread or post message.

I plan to cover every key step to build the machine including machine structure, part assembling, control and electric system, enclosure etc. I will do every work I can handle by my own hands. So, let's enjoy it and hope everything go smooth...:violin:

Development aim:

total around 120KG, about 270lbs--weightness is the best guarantee of stifness and stable precision.
structure: casting irons of G3000 with heat treatment
three axis: linear guides with ball screws. considering use a commen class linear system with rolled type ball screws. I think it's enough for most applications.
axis drive: stepper system / DC servo system. not decided yet.
spindle: 1.5hp, 24000RPM electric spindle unit with VFD / or considering design a tiny mill spindle system with BLDC motor drive
electric system: transformer power supply for axis driver and develop a special VFD to support spindle.
control system: under considering now. should work with MACH software or other cnc software.
others: plan to add axis covers, enclosures, coolants etc. will update during the thread.