586,608 active members*
3,538 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser Enraving or Corian

I am wanting to start a venture laser engraving on Corian. What size of laser engraver do I need? What are some good brands? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Lasering Corian

For many years people did laser engraving on Corian with 35 watt lasers. The standard now is 50 watt and above. I have many customers who use the Epilog laser and they seem to be happy. You will want to use good air handling to pull the smoke and dust from the machine.

Don't expect to cut the pieces with this size laser though it can be done in multiple passes.

Generally Corian will not change color as wood does so you will want to be prepared to paint fill the result. Use an automotive spray paint. I use a couple of coats followed by a clear coat. When that is cured, Sand off the paint and polish the Corian as desired.

For some examples see Signs Plaques and Trophies - art specialties international, inc.

engraving on corian

As corian is kind of artificialsynthesis board, 60Watts laser tube is OK. What is your expect working area?
    I can supply you this kind of machine.

Regards
    Kofi

Thanks Ken, I requested info from Epilog and I saw where you sell precut Corian. That will be useful when I get my business underway. Another thing I was wanting to look into was engraving on to plaques and trophy plates. I wasn't wanting to do the traditional metal plate engraving because it is hard to read. Anyone know where I could find a material that is used for awards but can be engraved with a laser?

you may try crystal trophy, laser can engrave the surface and inside of crystal with words and picture.

Kofi