Hi all.

I am totally new to CNC world. Recently I started learning CNC so hubby DIY a simple CNC router for me to familiarize myself with the machine before moving on the a real CNC Router:Walter6545L.

The link below is to the website where he bought driver board.

http://www.hyu68.com/cp8.htm

1-I have installed PCI parallel card to my desktop in order to run Mach 3 from there. The pc is running on XP.

2-On the laptop, I installed Flash Cut Demo and using USB to parallel converter to connect to the CNC. The laptop OS is Win7.

The problem is, whenever I attached the cable from CNC to the desktop/laptop, all lights on the driver board for X,Y,Z and A axes are on. Hubby said the light is supposed to blink only when the motor is running. I tried running G-code in Mach3 and FlashCut but the motor stalled. They don't respond to the program at all. But when we detached the cable from CNC to the lappy/desktop, all lights went off. We tried jog using pendant and the motor ran nicely.

I don't understand what I've done wrong? It is the cable problem? I tried changing cable, but same problem happened once the cable attached to the PC, the lights were on and the motor stalled. Detached the cable, lights went off and motor running good.

Please, please help me!

Thank you.

Han.