Hello all. There is a new manufacturer of cnc kits for Sieg mills and lathes. Check them out at www.cncfusion.com The first kit available is for the X1 Micro Mill and X1 Super Micro Mill. Kits for the 7 by X series of lathes will be ready to ship soon. Followed by kits for the Mini mill. If the X3 Small mills become more popular, and I can get my hands on one, I would like to make a kit to retrofit it as well. {if anyone wants to ship an X3 to Houston, I will make them a free CNC retrofit kit, and ship it back to them }

I set out to design high quality kits that didnt look peiced together from stuff at the local hardware store, and so I designed a series of motor mounts that are machined from one solid peice aluminum. No screwing a bunch of small parts together. I also wanted the motor shaft, and couplings to be covered, or hidden so that things like shop rags, fingers, etc.. can't get caught up. Andeach axis needed thrust bearings.

The other criteria was they needed to be more affordable than any other kit out there. Guess I will let you all be the judge. Also please let me know what you think of the web site, I'm no web guru, so I did them best I could. If you think the web page is hard to navigate, or you see any flaws in the kit design, I welcome any suggestions.

Currently I am not selling stepper or servo motors, but if interest is shown, I can include three 270oz/in + stepper motors for about $160 extra. Stepper motors are not that hard to come by, especially with eBay as a source. Thats why I decided not to sell motors at first.

cheers,
Mike