586,701 active members*
2,556 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Just Another X2 CNC Conversion :o)
Page 4 of 6 23456
    I don't understand why this thread was moved to Product Announcements. There is already a thread in here for this G540 board. I was simply showing a picture of the units I just built up. No links, no "please go buy one". Whats the deal?
    Jason
    RPC Electronics, LLC - www.rpc-electronics.com

How can I contest this thread being moved under false accusation? A picture was posted, there was no sales pitch along with it and just because one miserable jerk who gets his rocks off by complaining reports it, it gets moved.

I understand there is no advertising. Any advertising was moved to a separate thread under the "Product Announcements".
    Jason

If all else fails, how about starting a new thread:

Just Another X2 CNC Conversion - Part Deux

with a link back to the old one...

I don't understand why no Mod has answered you!!

Quote Originally Posted by RPCElectronics View Post
    How can I contest this thread being moved under false accusation? A picture was posted, there was no sales pitch along with it and just because one miserable jerk who gets his rocks off by complaining reports it, it gets moved.

I understand there is no advertising. Any advertising was moved to a separate thread under the "Product Announcements".

This topic is not alone in "advertising" it's owners products. But it is the only topic I have ever seen moved. Perhaps I should go report some of the other topics as well? My bet is that it would upset so many, that they would have to move them back to where they came from.

This topic does NOT belong here in this section! It should go back to the benchtop section where it was created.

I wonder how much complaining it took to get the mods to do this, and why they think this is what the majority wanted.

Definately doesn't make much sense to me that they moved this thread. The mod that moved it probably didn't actually read the thread and just moved it because someone complained. I get moving a blatant advertising thread, but in this case most of the posts about the board were form people like me that bought one.

I'd probably just start a new thread for the conversion, but I agree it shouldn't have been moved.

From what I can tell, there was one specific person that felt the need to complain. In fact, he made the mistake of first publicly posting something, but went back and deleted the post by removing what he posted with a single period "."

Either he didn't realize or was too stupid to know that the original post was sent to me in an email, so I saw exactly what he posted. I sent him a private message asking what his problem was, since he obviously had nothing of value to contribute to the thread and just wanted to be a PITA. His response was that I should be thanking him. What the hell kind of logic is that? Typical!

The end result was a mod moving the whole thing from the complain of one miserable person that is only happy when he can spit on others.

Regardless, I appreciate the support from youins!
    Jason

I agree with blight. This topic does NOT belong here. It should be moved back to the bench top forum. This topic is about a problem a person saw with the g540 and how he expertly overcame this problem.

To the moderator who moved it......PLEASE PUT IT BACK!!!!

RWW
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those
    who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

I just ran through the thread quickly, I don't see a reason why it's moved, must be some kind of mistake. Which forum was the original one? Send me a PM and I'll fix it.

Secondly, if you all think that a debate about a thread being moved will be read inside that specific thread you are very wrong. I notified it while remove a spam post, so report the problem instead which will bring it to the moderator's attention.

Now, bring back the topic and post more build pictures!

Report it how? If I click report post, it says "Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. "

Should we contact the moderator via PM? I'm just curious.

svenakela, thanks for getting this thread back to where it belongs. I do have one favor to ask, can you close the new thread I opened to continue this one?

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...onversion.html

No need for it now. Thanks!
    Jason

Glad tyhe thread is back where it belongs, now to get back on track.

What electronic enclosure box are you using and where did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by MystRacing View Post
    What electronic enclosure box are you using and where did you get it?
    Three parts came from Jameco, one of my many electronic suppliers:

2U Rackmount case:

https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...ProductDisplay

48V DC Switching Power Supply:

https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...ProductDisplay

Rear panel three prong AC socket:

https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...gDrillDownView

The rest of the parts were from Mouser and what I keep in stock, such as the DB9 connectors, wire, ect.
    Jason

Took a few pictures of the work I have done so far on motor mounts and bearings:

For the Y axis, I discovered there was no bearing whatsoever, so I ran down to Tractor Supply, found a bearing that would fit over the shaft and then added a stop ring with a set screw. That seemed to do the trick to hold everything in place and snug against the bearing. I know it's kind of a hack, but at this point I'm just trying to get it functional with the stock screws and then I will look at ballscrews down the road.
    Jason

Also when you upgrade to ball screws, upgrade your couplers as well. Love joy couplers are not the best for CNC conversions. I had a set on my very first conversion and they had an unbelievable amount of backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleper1 View Post
    Also when you upgrade to ball screws, upgrade your couplers as well. Love joy couplers are not the best for CNC conversions. I had a set on my very first conversion and they had an unbelievable amount of backlash.
    Scott, what would you suggest? Something along the semi-rigid line?
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by RPCElectronics View Post
    Scott, what would you suggest? Something along the semi-rigid line?
    Oldhams...
    http://www.g0704.blogspot.com/

Oldhams or Helical Beam

Quote Originally Posted by mwood3 View Post
    Oldhams...
    3rded
    CNC: Making incorrect parts and breaking stuff, faster and with greater precision.

I have been away from this project for a while now mostly because I had a major company project taking up most of my free time. That project is starting to wind down, so I hope to get back to this soon. Also, as the fall comes, I need to get my shed completed so I can move all of the crap in the garage (slowly hiding my mill) out and get my shop back in order.

In the meantime, I picked up a nice refurbed HP computer today and it was a perfect fit for my CNC control computer. I had intended to reuse a nice compact ATX case with new hardware, but after I checked this out, it was ready to go with a fresh copy of XP Pro loaded for $200 out the door. I couldn't pass it up.
    Jason

Page 4 of 6 23456