586,129 active members*
2,979 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > Tree VMC 840 with Dynapath Delta control

Tree VMC 840 with Dynapath Delta control

We moved from one shop to a new one in march of this year, got her powered up about a month later since our hurco is our top machine. Anyways, ever since the move, whenever the tree gets done with the program, it zero returns on the axises like its supposed to, but on the z axis it causes the machine to shut down.

Brief history..... its always made a thud sound when going back to home after a program is done on the z axis, like the z axis bushings are worn maybe? ever since the move tho, it shuts down 90% of the time when it thuds on the z. I am wondering if we stretched the counter-weight chain from the move, or maybe the sensor for the zero got bumped? or maybe the bushings are so worn that its time to replace?

any clues?

Sounds like 2 problems. Counterweight chains are definitely stretched, replace them ASAP. The issue with it shutting off... is it shutting off completely of just e-stop?

Call me monday 847-487-4353

Bob @ ZPS

shuts down, like a loose connection. also, when putting a load on the spindle it seems to do that now as well. i tend to believe its a loose connection now, but will still give you a call tomorrow.....
    thanks bob.

I mean shuts down completely, like a loose connection at the main power switch.

i didnt go in to work today bob, had a couple issues to take care of at home. i will be at work tomorrow and call you then.

well, it seemed to be heat related with the shutting off, now that the temps are in the 90's instead of 99, it wont duplicate the problem. but we did adjust the counter weight so we no longer slam at the z zero spot, and have plenty of clearance to reach the 25 inches till z axis alarms.