586,449 active members*
3,334 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

[Summary] Chinese sellers

Hi folks,
    I'm not new to this forum since I've bought a Chinese Laser Engraver, but now it's time to buy a CNC.
    I know that in USA or Europe I could find some readytouseultradurable/used-readytouseultradurable machine, but I'm on low budget and with my china-laser I had a good experience.
    I've done some search on the forum, reading everything, trying to figure out which of chinese sellers is best...so I would apreciate if you can help me or give me some advice on the company.

Oh I will use my CNC just for same pvc (alluminium?) cutting and marble engraving, I would like a working area of at least 120cm x 120cm.
    And last but not least, I would like to have a cnc that is easy to use, maybe the DSP controller is best for starting and then upgrade to a computer controller (ins't it?).

1. Jinan Quick CNC
    Good feedback, but what about software/controller?
    2.JCut
    The cheaper one, but I've found people who had bad experience.
    3.Wklaser
    They sell also CNC, theire laser are good, not so much support but the documentation is usefull for the first run, is the same for CNC?
    4.Other company?

So, if you have any advice or personal experience, just post it!!!

p.s.
    If you are a CNC seller, don't write/post photos/give superdiscount here, I'm not interested AT THIS TIME, I'm just trying to figure out which of you is more professional and trustworthy.
    So if you are interested in selling your CNC, just send me an example pdf of the DOCUMENTATION that you send with the machine, just one to see the detail level of your instruction.
    Oh this is my mail [email protected] and my skype: paridemiola

I have only dealt with one Chinese dealer, so can only give opinion for him. Taney (Quick CNC) has been great to deal. My router is very well built and I have no complaints with it. The DSP is a very simple control system, but works well.

Keep this in mind. If you don't have a good working knowledge of CNC systems, China may not be your best route for purchasing. Documentation is sketchy, at best, and you will need to install machine yourself. Also, pressing the wrong keys at the wrong time on the DSP can change settings that will cause the machine to malfunction. If you are prepared to handle these types of situations, without a service man showing up, then Chinese machine maybe for you.

Phillip

Thanks for your reply Phillip, I know that It would be hard to learn, but I think that I need just a first correct setup and then I can learn more by changing parameters and options.
    My only fear is that I got a machine that isn't wired correctly (like the experience of one user of this forum), so I want to be sure that the seller is a professionist.
    I'm trying to contact Jinan Quick CNC but still haven't received any response :/

Taney will respond quickly.
    [email protected]

Phillip

Ive just gone through what your about to go through.

Ive corresponded with taney for the last month and a bit, and I must say I have utmost confidence in his professionalism and over and above service.

So much so Ive placed a 40K USD order with him this week.

Through positive feedback here on this forum and I searched china reputable companys in business longer than 5 years and he came up top of the list.

So with coinfidence Ive purchased from him.

Steve

For those familiar with quick-cnc / Taney..

Do they sell larger desktops like cncdiy? I too am researching Chinese options but I'm in the Market for a large desktop rather than free standing machine. (900x600?)

Cheers, Chris H

Depending on what you want to do and how your going to use it, would to me determine if you should buy a cheap china machine or something built with quality and customer support.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/chines...tml#post944750

I bought a J-Cut machine and it was a total worthless pieced together scrap pile.

Cheap materials, stripped out threads, damaged threads, filled with sand from casting the cheap grade aluminum castings, pillow blocks stripped cocked and instead of being replaced where spun a few degrees and holes were drilled and too short of screws where installed to hold it properly.

Lets see what else.... coolant pump didn't work out of the box, the controller was wired wrong in a few spots and wouldn't run properly. The table isn't square and has an easy .015 variance in X. I haven't even tried Y yet because the machine at that time wouldn't run properly in Y.

What else, limit switches not installed correctly with stripped out threads and holes so they just let it dangle in place.

Talk about metal shavings. I have less on my floor after a day of machining then there was inside my linear rails and ball screws, which were behind way covers.

The controller doesn't function as it should and there is a maze of wires that are unmarked with no idea what they go to or where they go without major work to figure that out. The response ? There is no wire schematic. In other words, the reason it doesn't work is because no one knew how to wire it in the first place. Not to mention half of it is not fastened down properly to begin with.

Spindle doesn't spin properly. No axis will move properly. There was supposed to be a A Axis , there is no hook up for that anywhere to be found. Software is pirated versions with crack installs.

Even other customers I have talked to say the same thing. They would not buy another machine. The talk up front is good. But after you pay the money, its nonexistent for support.

I've asked for a wire schematic numerous times and after about 10 emails, was finally told there was no schematic.

Here are some pictures....

Bottom line is, you get what you pay for.

Our friends and family have told us this since we were little. Listen to that. If its cheap, there is a reason its cheap. As there is a reason if its expensive , its expensive for a reason.

Expensive parts aren't cheap, hence the reason the higher dollar machines cost more. But the real key is the customer support and backing they offer. That can be worth the price of the machine alone.

Take my $7000 mistake for example. If your a hobbyist, how long will it take for you to recoup that cost. I am probably tipping $10,000 total investment into this machine and I still don't have something that runs correctly.

Without proper support, you will have the same issue unless you are very good at building machines. Which if that was the case, you would probably be building your own machine and not buying a china one.

The quality of the machine has to be there. You mention buying a used good machine. And I think you have already answered your own question, but are hoping someone will tell you that its ok to buy a china machine.

Well I'll be the bearer of bad news and tell you that if you want to do something industrial, have good customer support and warranty, have reliability and the ability to call someone when you have a problem and get it fixed, have a long lasting machine, you WILL NOT be buying a china machine.

You can buy a china machine for $100,000 and it won't compare to something from a quality reputable company. I can guarantee that. You will just be getting a cheaply built machine with lots of cool gizmo's that you probably won't need or use, but sounds enticing when you are shopping.

You know what your going to do with your machine and how you need it to run. So the question really falls to you in a sense. What do you want to spend and how much are you willing to put up with when it has problems.

Say you buy a HAAS or a Mazak. Call them up and they will send you a wire schematic or talk to you over the phone to try and solve the problem.

Can't get the problem solved easily, they can send out a service tech ( which can be really expensive, but if your a business and need a machine running now, its priceless ).

Your not going to get either one of those offerings from a china company.

So save yourself the trouble of all the slick talk up front from these companies. Because when you have a problem and you will have a problem, you'll be wishing you bought something with proper support and backing. Something that was built with pride and quality in mind, not the bottom dollar as the first goal.

If you have any questions regarding purchases I have made with china machines, I would be happy to answer them for you.

Just shoot me an email

[email protected]

Good luck with your decision and before you jump into any companies pocket with your money, please research as much as you can about that company. I didn't do my homework as well as I thought I had and look at what I am stuck with.

Bottom line , you get what you pay for.

Todd

Sounds unfortunate mate. But all fixable.

A bit of common sense and nowse and your on your way again.

Sorry I dis-agree with the big brand name units, all your getting is the service tech supplied at a ridicuolous price, where do they get there machines from and there parts, if you look deep enough you will find its china as well..

It is all fixable. But bottom line, I didn't buy a used beat up machine. I bought a brand new never run machine. Supposedly all brand new parts.

It needs more work then a local machine here by me that is used and industrial.

I guess my statement is more to those that want an operating machine, a tolerant machine, a reliable machine to do business with.

Backyard hobbyists can deal with cheap china machines.

And I would disagree that the high dollar machines from reputable companies use china parts. They don't, they use quality parts made in Germany, Poland, USA etc.

You can buy some brand name cheapo units and get china parts in them. But the real deal machines are going to be 90% good parts, with maybe cheap china buttons, or air hoses etc.

Todd

Im glad you think so, others know better.

Many big name units are made and exported out of china in parts to then have local "name" shops assemble and attach there brand names, it not only happens with machinery but just about every aspect of manufacturing.

The world market can not manufacture things cheaply becuase of exhorbant labour costs, for this we all go to china for our bits, as far as machinery, they lead the market.

If you believe otherwise, then go for it. I will not convince you as you have not had a happy experience in your opinion (to me those issues are trivial at the best for the cost savings incurred).

I guess my question to you would be are you a business using this machine for business?

If so what is your loss/compensation for every minute the machine is not operating?

How tolerant do you have to have your machines. .010 or .0001 ?

And you consider a brand new never un before machine that needs $1000's invested to be actually functioning ok?

I have two other china machines, both are good machines after I worked some bugs out of them. But this machine is far from just working bugs out.

I am not doubting that a lot of cheap machinery is loaded with China parts. But there are plenty of high quality machines that aren't.

I am talking china not Taiwan also. I am not labeling all Asian companies in the same boat. As Taiwan actually produces some good products at a cheap price.

But I guess bottom line, if your buying a $25,000 machine vs a $7000 machine. There is going to be differences in quality and parts used. I would assume we would both agree on that?

My point I guess is that if you buy a $15,000 used industrial quality machine, you might still need to repair it. But the difference is that brand new that machine might have cost $50,000 vs an original investment purchase of $7000 for a brand new machine.

Will these $7000 machines fulfill the needs of the home hobbyist. Most certainly. But I think they aren't to the quality and rigorous abuse that a business would inflict upon one.

Yes you can buy a $50,000 china machine also and it will ( hopefully ) be of better quality than a $7000 machine.

Todd

And really it falls to support. With China, you will never receive the support you would from reputable companies elsewhere.

I would hope you see that, because I don't think anyone would disagree with that statement.

Tech Support is almost more important then the quality of the machine in some cases. But again bottom line is you need both a good machine and good support. Which are very hard to get from China, regardless if they are the worlds leader in selling cheap junk. That doesn't make them a world's leader in quality control, quality products of quality tech support.

Todd

One thing I will say for high quality built machines.....

You won't find something like this in....