586,369 active members*
3,152 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Can't Reset After Hitting Y Axis Limit Switch

Can't Reset After Hitting Y Axis Limit Switch

New problem. Fired up the machine and clicked "Reference All". The machine referenced properly. While moving the Y axis with the jog controller, I eventually went the wrong way, and hit the LS. Nothing new with that, as I'm having trouble getting it through my head that Y home (0) is not where I expect it. Anyway, like many times before, I clicked the Reset button. Unfortunately, it doesn't reset, it just keeps saying "Limit Switch Triggered". The Diagnostics screen shows that the Y LS is triggered. I've tried powering off the 1100, rebooting the computer, etc., but nothing will reset the machine. The only way I can get it out of this condition is to open the Y axis coupler box, put a belt around it, and move the table away from the switch. After that, the Diagnostics screen shows that the Y LS is no longer triggered. You can then reference the machine and go about you business.

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Well, I just found out the same thing will happen with the Z axis (and probably the X).

Well, I figured it out. Seems some idiot (me) had turned off "Auto Limit Override" on the "Settings" screen.

Lesson learned: If you're a newbie, keep your hands off the knobs and buttons!

Hell Money Pit..
    You just save me some aggrevation, removed the limit switch last night to reset it.
    Thank you!!