586,362 active members*
3,382 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > KM3P Card Cage bottom wires

KM3P Card Cage bottom wires

Has someone answered this question? If so, I can not find the answer.

Please help me put this KM3P back on line with info on the position and direction of the 5 connectors on the bottom of the card rack.

Thank you for your help
    kc8jyr

Originally Posted by winds1sj
    I have two KM3Ps one is a KDB900 the other is a KDB800. I just got the card cage and all the PCBs cleaned and repaired. However, I do not recall where the connectors on the bottom of the card cage go. P1 is a 6 pin connector so there is only one place for that. But P2,P3,P4, and P5 do not tell me where they go. I can identify which connector is which but not where it goes on the card cage. The wiring schematics say connect p4 to card rack J13 and P5 to card rack J14, but where are those and it does not tell me where to put P2 and P3. Also are the card cages different?

Please help!

winds1sj

I'll see what I can find out in the morning for you.

bloke
    Thank you for your help.

Here's the wiring colours you should have to the rack. It doesn't matter if the P1 & P3 are swapped as they are all commoned through the tracks on the PCB. The same goes for the P2 & P4.
    As long as the plugs with the brown wires go to the left and the orange go to the right (with the yellows on each connected as shown) you'll be ok.

bloke
    Thank you.
    Read many of your other good posts. I am now waiting for some batteries, sram and RS-232 chips. Someone put two MC1489 chips into the graphics card in the card cage. No driver chip, no video. Not sure which (left or right) should be the Mc1488. Vcc and Gnd are the same on both chips, so I can flip a coin and still not burn it up.
    Thank you again
    kc8jyr