586,501 active members*
2,509 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Router Bits from China, Good or Bad?

Hello.

Has anyone in the CNC Zone community had any bad experience, or mishaps with router bits from china.

I have just got the company's CNC router working in 3d (for the past 3 years it's only been used in 2d.)

I was looking on ebay for ball nose bits, and the ones from china look very tempting,

The manager is more worried about the health and safety aspect with tool breakage's etc.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.

oversees bits

Some if not most bits from China are made with cheaper materials and have lower quality cutting edges. That's part of the reason they are cheaper. (cheap labour and no environmental controls is the rest of the reason)
    you also wont get tech/ sales support from overseas manufacturer.
    Try :: FS Tool :: they have sales and distributers throughout Canada and USA and their products are made in North America.
    if you do any nesting they have an award winning dust free nesting system called the Aerotech.

Permanently I use the Chinese bits DJTool.
    Quality equivalent to the price.

But some bits of an identical position - can have a bit different length. China :-)

The resume - with china bits it is happy, to others I do not wish to pass.

Excuse for my English
    www.4dwood.ru
    www.carvedbalusters.ru

Please check this link,http://www.cnczone.com/forums/laser_...tml#post974073

This is one Slovenia customer's experience of contact Chinese cnc laser manufacturer,I believe you will not be regret if contact Jack.

Please try,send your machine request to Jack,he will help you to find the most suitable machine.His Email is [email protected] Skype:hmorntech

I've used quite a lot of the bits from China in various 2/3/4 flute types, end and ball, upcut, etc. To my surprise, even though they were very, very cheap, they have actually been as good a value as any others I've bought from other countries. I do buy the better of the cheap ones from sellers I trust, but for an example I'm still getting 20 x 6mm 2 flute HSS endmills for around $30 shipped! Hard to beat that value. And I'm still on the first one of many of that type I bought, thinking they wouldn't last long before they broke or went blunt!

As another mentioned, the length can vary between sets or batches, but they have been diameter spec the few times I've checked them.

I have no hesitation buying any of them, from the better and reliable sellers that is of course. No doubt there will be some sellers selling absolute rubbish, but there's quite a lot really good sellers on Ebay. Just always check their feedback, and scrutinise their listings.

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!