Great! Looking forward to whatever updates come! I've had a number of "wishes" for the already-super g540 that I've collected for a while now. There are a lot and many are more feasible than others! Here they are:

1) A higher-voltage version of the g540 - essentially a version of the g540 that uses g203s or g201s as the drivers rather than g250s - this is a big one, but these woudl sell like hotcakes!

2) Optional "ribbon" type parallel connection in addition to the standard parallel port connection - the port would allow smoothstepper users to connect the smoothstepper using a regular ribbon cable

3) Connection pins for all parallel port pins (all inputs and all outputs)

4) 5 volt and 12 volt outputs for accessories (1 amp or as much current as is possible)

5) external enable output - for connecting other BoBs and tying e-stop signals and other faults together

6) Software programmable/updatable - allow the end user to apply firmware updates

7) Software-set current settings - get rid of the current set resistor and allow the end-user to set this through software or some other simple way

8) Built-in cooling - I like the idea that others have suggested in a separate "add-on" heatsink/fan, but I think the g540 should be a compete package as much as possible, and gecko's research has clearly shown that cooling is essential. I would consider fattening the case a bit and adding a small, efficient fan as part of the standard package

9) Standard fuse and fuse bracket than can be easily replaceable by the end user

I think that is all of them (for now anyway). Looking forward to the new g540 and other new products from gecko!

:cheers: