I have read notes that the cnc fusion kit is "slightly longer". I am wanting to increase the Y as much as possible (like CR) but really can't quite convince myself to cut the dovetail or drill a hole in the column.

I measure .75" from saddle to column and 1.5" (IIRC) from screw to end of saddle- I'm thinking my ball screw could be 2.125" longer than stock accounting for a 1/8" washer with two flats for tightening welded onto threaded rod for the nut stop.

witt a .75 spacer block on the front I will get that much travel on the rear and a little more on the front which I may limit physically if I need to with a spacer/stop around the screw.

am I on the right track here?

cnc fusion doesn't know how long the screw needs to be so I'm hoping someone knows exactly how much longer the cnc fusion set up is than stock. more exactly- how much further back does the back of the screw end under the saddle?

HAS ANYONE tried CRs floating top Z? any thoughts on it? if your not familur he makes a VERY good case for leading off the top bearing all together since only <1/3 of the screw is ever above the ball nut which stabilizes it and he even tried getting it to whip in a lathe and the results were impressive. Seems a LOT easier than drilling the hole in the top and making mounts for the top bushing.

whatcha think?