587,006 active members*
3,084 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Hitachi WJ200 Settings Help

Hybrid View

Hitachi WJ200 Settings Help

Howdy,

So I just got a WJ200 inverter and have it up and running. I'm controlling it with Mach 3 and a Gecko G540 0~10v output going into port [O] on the VFD

So far, everything is working O.K. and I'm able to control the speed of the spindle but I have a couple of minor issues.

I don't have a control relay and would like to shut off the spindle just using the control voltage. Looking at the parameter list, it looks like A011 ~ A015 should allow me to create a dead band (e.g. anything under 1v = 0Hz) but for some reason, I'm not able to access these parameters!

When the display is showing A005 and I push the up arrow, it goes directly to A020, not allowing me to edit A011 ~ A015.

Anybody have any ideas what's going on? I imagine the parameters are locked out because of a setting somewhere else but I can't find any info on it.

TIA!!!!

A little more info I forgot to mention -

When I turn off the spindle using Mach 3, the spindle does indeed stop but the VFD is still outputting almost an amp (.9 I think) at a frequency of a couple Hz. I can hear a little buzzing in the motor too even though it's not moving. That's why I'd like it to output 0Hz, 0A

Update

Using the PC software and USB connection, I was able to change those parameters and have it set up to send 0Hz, 0A at anything under 1v and it seems to be working.

The one mild rub is that currently I need to use a front panel switch at the start of the session. Hopefully I won't forget!

For future reference, if anyone knows why those parameters were locked out of the front panel, would be interesting to have it documented.

u r too fast!

Lock b031 Software lock mode selection
    00([SFT] input blocks all edits)/01([SFT] input blocks edits except F001
    and Multispeed parameters/02(No access to edits)/03(No access to
    edits except F001 and Multi-speed parameters)/10(High-level
    access,including b031)

Hmmm very strange.... I used prodrive to change b031 to high level (10) and b037 to full display and it still doesn't show up on the front panel.

I'm also having that trouble the other guy had that anything I set using prodrive isn't stored and is lost at power down.

Any thoughts?

More info:

Changing B037 from the front panel gets you access to all of the parameters. Still having issues having it remember after power down though.

I guess I'll call tech support tomorrow.

Ready, SET, go!

after you change a parameter from the keypad, you push SET while the new value is blinking at you? that should save it to eeprom for use after power down...and after pressing SET display should stop blinking the new value and go back to the parameter number that was just saved - like B083 in the attached sample pix....

I would then press SET once again to see if the new value I entered took or not. If it did, it will be there and it will no longer be blinking. This tells you it saved to eeprom and you should be all - dare i say it - SET! sorry 'bout that, couldn't resist :bs:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  

The auto tune is a good way to get the basic ideal tuning, as long as you have entered the correct pole count and base freq etc.
    If you don't like it you can reset back to the default parameters by using the Reset to default.
    There is free PC software on the Hitachi site for programming and for monitoring while running through the USB port.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Al,

I did set H001 parameter (to 002 I think). At this point I do not know enough to appreciate it but I will leave it for now. Just working with different error codes to set other parameters. I think there are few other things which can be done for motor tuning etc. but I will first concentrate on basic functionality.

I thought I will be able to control both cw and ccw rotation with m3/m4 but motor rotates on cw direction. Is this normal?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    The auto tune is a good way to get the basic ideal tuning, as long as you have entered the correct pole count and base freq etc.
    If you don't like it you can reset back to the default parameters by using the Reset to default.
    There is free PC software on the Hitachi site for programming and for monitoring while running through the USB port.
    Al.

Quote Originally Posted by azam1959 View Post
    I thought I will be able to control both cw and ccw rotation with m3/m4 but motor rotates on cw direction. Is this normal?
    If you've only got the forward wired in, it will only run forward. Using the smart terminals, you need one wire for forward and one for reverse.
    -Andy B.
    http://www.birkonium.com CNC for Luthiers and Industry http://banduramaker.blogspot.com

Thanks Andy. At this point I am struggling with E05 error code (electric thermal setting b012. Sure enough parameter was set at 11 and my spindle is rated at 8.6amp. I changed the parameter and waited for half an hour for spindle to cool down without much success. I was also monitoring d02 (I think) and it was showing somewhere b/w 10-13amp after I changed b012 to 8.6. I have two options either wait more to get spindle cool down completely and try again or call the support. Other option may be somebody has similar problem in the past and they can just post how to solve it.

Thanks for all the help. I am in much better shape compared to morning.

Quote Originally Posted by BanduraMaker View Post
    If you've only got the forward wired in, it will only run forward. Using the smart terminals, you need one wire for forward and one for reverse.

Just an update for anyone else having problems. To program the inverter from the front panel, following the instructions, here's what you have to do.

First set b037. Then set b031.

If you need more than 60hz, you have to set the max frequency before the base frequency...it won't let you set the base greater than the max. So set a004 before you set a003. THEN, it will work. It also seems like the max current is now the actual current, not a percentage. That's what I gather from the display, at any rate. There are lots of other places where the "display" in the quick setup don't match up at all with what you actually see on the display.

Really sloppy manual, unfortunately, and it's not a case of Engrish...it's just out of date and full of mistakes. That's just the mistakes on a few pages. Makes me wonder how much of that manual is FUBAR for people doing more advanced operations.

Wow! This thread saved me from pulling what little hair I have left out. I did not expect the WJ200 manual to be so bad. I wired and programmed a Hitachi L100 in the past, and although the manual was somewhat cryptic, it at least wasn't wrong. With the WJ200, I was methodically following the Powerup Test routine, and I could not access codes that they call out in the most basic instructions.

Gary588 Guest
    Azam, you have quite a few programming errors now....

Hitachi WJ200 Series AC Variable Speed Drives Distributors page has a quick reference guide & instructions manual link.

Re: Hitachi WJ200 Settings Help

First of all i am not a technical...!
    i wish someone help me.

i connected the input L1 L2 L3 wires ok and connected the output AC V U W wires to the motor ok too

i need help in 2 things :
    -to adjust parameters settings for my new Hitachi inverter
    -to know where to connect the J11 and J12 wires to my new inverter
    Attachment 252652Attachment 252654Attachment 252656

i need to control speed for simple 3 phase motor

i can not find a technical to help me and my machine supplier is overseas