586,945 active members*
2,909 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Open Source CNC Machine Designs > Coming Soon -- CNC Router Parts 4x4 and 4x8 kits and plans
Page 13 of 16 31112131415
    mameman,

as they told you , download Easm viewer , download from CNCrouterparts the cad files, look for the biggest file which ends like .easm
    Open the file and use the buttons to move the full drawing. At the left push the assembly button and you can see all the individual parts, high-lighten or hide any of them. Also you will see the measure tool, you can push it to activate then select surfaces ,edges, points, circles, etc. at the drawing and measures will show , just look for the axial measures, like x, y ,z. Then clear and select other. It can not be more simple.

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    mameman,

as they told you , download Easm viewer , download from CNCrouterparts the cad files, look for the biggest file which ends like .easm
    Open the file and use the buttons to move the full drawing. At the left push the assembly button and you can see all the individual parts, high-lighten or hide any of them. Also you will see the measure tool, you can push it to activate then select surfaces ,edges, points, circles, etc. at the drawing and measures will show , just look for the axial measures, like x, y ,z. Then clear and select other. It can not be more simple.
    yes, pretty familar with the eviewer software and can dissassemble the 3d model to get down to the component level, just not so easy to sit with a laptop breaking down the components to each sub assembly level to then assemble it.

on the flipside once you have done this the assembly is fairly idiot proof so should be able to get through it with a minimal amount of 'let me go check'...

I know how much work creating good documentation can be. maybe i'll have a think of creating some as i go.

Anyone got any pics of how they or where I should be mounting the limit switches on this one?

Don't want to re-event the wheel as it were if some has got some good examples of what they did.

Thanks

build went real easy, few trips back and forth with the laptop to get confirmation on what went where. one thing to pay attention to on these is what coach bolts need to be installed in the extrusion before you start assembling the kit as there will be some area's that you can't really access once assembled to slide a bolt in

only area i had an issue with once assembled is the Z axis steel plate. it has enough play in the bolt holes that on first assembly i did not have it centered and this created binding at the lower end of travel. I took to apart and reset the steel plate using a caliper to ensure it was centered and this resolved the binding. A note, even once it was centered, the side rollers are not as tight to the rail and can be rotated some. The other rails do not seem to have this issue, although i cant see any noticable play in the axis.

I am working on cable management now, I have some IGUS in place on the Y axis, need to order some for the X. will be installing the limit switches this weekend. am planning on mounting them simply ontop of a nut on a coach bolt fitted in the extrusion slot. will see how that does.

then build a box to house the G540 and decide how to cool it. gets pretty hot even just with a little playing.

Hi Mameman,

Your build looks like it is coming together very nicely.

Do you know how many build hours it took you to get it to the stage in your photo?

John

Quote Originally Posted by Euro3D View Post
    Hi Mameman,

Your build looks like it is coming together very nicely.

Do you know how many build hours it took you to get it to the stage in your photo?

John
    about 5 hours.

:cheers:
    Looking good there mameman. When will you start making saw dust? I'm looking forward to getting started on my own build after the first of the year. Keep us informed.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by cncrr View Post
    :cheers:
    Looking good there mameman. When will you start making saw dust? I'm looking forward to getting started on my own build after the first of the year. Keep us informed.

Chuck
    I guess the weekend. i threw a scrap bit of wood on it last night a jogged the head around to see how it cut, stright was the answer i liked

I have a Kent dust shoe i need to mount (diverter is already mounted to the Hitachi), waiting on a dust collector (santa) but will use the shop vac i have for now.

i ordered the last bit of igus today so will finish that up next week, going to pick up another bit of perforated steel for the rest of the X channel wiring. looking for a decent deal on a box to house the gecko and fans. may just strap a cpu cooler on it for this weekend to have a play around and get to grips with mach 3 and determining 0,0,0 for each occasion. oh and mount the limit switches.

with the settings Ahren gave me for mach 3, she ran right out the box. love it.

now to tackle the mountain that is the end mill game (what does what, and whats best for what)

Cnc router parts Plasma.

Anyone else thinking about using this for a plasma cnc? Trying to figure out what the best way is to integrate the steel slats on the table, and protect the rails from water.

Quote Originally Posted by diyengineer View Post
    Anyone else thinking about using this for a plasma cnc? Trying to figure out what the best way is to integrate the steel slats on the table, and protect the rails from water.
    been thinking of it, also rigging a laser cutter.
    i was thinking of simply building a metal bath that would sit ontop of the bottom rails and hold the water and slats.

Quote Originally Posted by mameman View Post
    been thinking of it, also rigging a laser cutter.
    i was thinking of simply building a metal bath that would sit ontop of the bottom rails and hold the water and slats.
    Same here. I was thinking about turning the 8020 cross supports that span across the bottom side ways to allow for a deeper pan and simply make a sheet metal pan that spans the bottom....

How would we protect the rails from rust?

Same here. I was thinking about turning the 8020 cross supports that span across the bottom side ways to allow for a deeper pan and simply make a sheet metal pan that spans the bottom....

How would we protect the rails from rust?
    If this stuff ever hits the market.... Superhydrophobic Coatings | Corrosion Control & Waterproof Coatings | NeverWet

Quote Originally Posted by vtx1029 View Post
    WOW just watched all those videos. I'd love to have some stock in them!

Slick stuff!! millions of uses!

WOW just watched all those videos. I'd love to have some stock in them!

Slick stuff!! millions of uses!
    Yea me too, too bad they are a private co.

Cause someone is going to be a billionaire!

looks great, i just wonder how it will hold up given the use here is going to have something running against the surface and wearing against it.

Cool

Hey all,

We're working on some custom brackets to make deeper tables viable (the cross rails would run underneath the main X axis rails), and also to make building custom sized machines easier without all of the drilling for access holes -- some pictures attached. These would be great for a water table, and would provide plenty of space and depth below the rails for one.

We've had several OEM plasma builders use our carriages and rack and pinion drives, so I think the water concern is a little overblown. Some customers in particularly humid environments have painted their rails, and just masked the outside working edges and kept them sprayed with WD40, and this appears to work fine.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CRP114-01 Lower Bracket.JPG   Bracket Assembly.JPG  

The larger format of the 4x4 is appealing, as is the apparent "plywood bulldozer" personality of the machine....

How is it for the other half of this business- small high precision things- lithophanes, small v-carvings, making little slots in fiberglass with a 1/16 bit, etc etc. I know people do these things on Joes hybrid machines but I'd like to see the output from this one.

I'd consider the bigger machine and sell my Romaxx WD-1, but not if I would lose the ability to run the small stuff. The Romaxx is good for that, but not so much for plowing plywood.

N

When will your brackets be ready? That would really work well. I was interested in the "CRPXXXX Custom Size Machine Kit"
    Is it possible, when your "plasma" brackets are ready, you will sell a "CRPXXXX PLASMA Custom Size Machine Kit", and include these brackets?

Quote Originally Posted by ahren View Post
    Hey all,

We're working on some custom brackets to make deeper tables viable (the cross rails would run underneath the main X axis rails), and also to make building custom sized machines easier without all of the drilling for access holes -- some pictures attached. These would be great for a water table, and would provide plenty of space and depth below the rails for one.

We've had several OEM plasma builders use our carriages and rack and pinion drives, so I think the water concern is a little overblown. Some customers in particularly humid environments have painted their rails, and just masked the outside working edges and kept them sprayed with WD40, and this appears to work fine.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Cool

They should be ready around the new year -- I'm trying to reconfigure them with a slight taper to make them stiffer and so they will nest during shipping (since there will be lots of them for a larger machine kit), so need to work with my sheet metal guys a bit more.

The idea would be to offer custom kits with these, so we'll definitely be doing that. We'll keep you posted!

Best regards,

Ahren

Wow, based on mamemam's photo, a nice machine. Haven't followed for a while so good to see what it looks like.
    Wood neophyte.

Page 13 of 16 31112131415