Hi guys,

Long time reader, first time poster. I've built a DIY CNC (based loosely on the LumenLab models) and having some issues getting any sort of action from the system using MACH3. The recommended pins in the included manual are apparently wrong, but I have tried several others listed elsewhere with no luck. I'm using the following setup...

4-axis TB6560 Driver Controller Board (12-36V/3A model)
4x NEMA23 175oz-in 4wire steppers (2.8A) (X&A slaved)
24V 15A DC power supply

The problem(s) I have are:

-When the board is connected to all the steppers and to the PC, which is on, I get the 5v regulator light and the Y axis work light dimly lit. There is no power to the board at this time.

-When the board is powered on, I get the 5v and the 12v regulator lights and the Y axis work light lit up nice and bright. The Y axis motor is locked, the others are free to spin. Switching motors doesn't change this. Its always Y axis, with 1 or 4 motors connected, same deal.

-Nothing happens at all when a job is loaded and run. On the diagnostics page, Outputs 1-4 have red squares. The motors are green squares.

The pins I was recommened to use are:

X Dir = 1
X Step = 16
Y Dir = 7
Y Step = 14
Z Dir = 6
Z Step = 3
A Dir = 8
A Step = 9

Mach3 Output Signals:
Enable1 Pin Number 4
Enable2 Pin Number 17
Enable3 Pin Number 5
Enable4 Pin Number 5

I'm not sure of which "port" I should be using either. The original manual said use port 1, but screenshots I've seen are set to 0.

I'm a bit suss on the PC I'm using being upto the job. Its a VIA 1ghz powered mini-PC, but runs Windows XP etc, but I've read the Parallel ports might not output the signal at the right voltage (3.3v not 5v) I have another full size desktop PC to try yet. *crosses fingers*

I know plenty of guys have troubles with these cheap boards, Just want to make sure I have the correct pins setup first.

Does anyone have a 4axis TB6560 that is working who could maybe provide me with screenshots or an export of their settings? I'd really love to get this thing cutting

Thank you in advance guys.