586,312 active members*
3,244 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > VF2 Axis drive card diagram?

VF2 Axis drive card diagram?

Hi, has anyone got the circuit diagram for the motor drive cards on an early VF2?

its one of the X Y Z cards, not the A axis which is different current rating.

I don't have a schematic but I have repaired all 4 of mine including the Motif board due to a voltage spike. What do you need to know? Explain your problem in detail and I will see if I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by DaOne View Post
    I don't have a schematic but I have repaired all 4 of mine including the Motif board due to a voltage spike. What do you need to know? Explain your problem in detail and I will see if I can help.
    Well, my problem is that I need the diagram for the axis drive card as it is broken, and, like yourself, I can probably fix it without too much trouble even without a diagram (as it is a rather simple H bridge driver, with opto-coupled inputs), it will certainly be a little easier with a diagram.

If you have one or know of where to get one, that would be most useful.

Hmmm ...

So since no one replies .. I guess that means Haas do not provide diagrams for their equipment?

Not a huge issue for people buying new or with the resources to pay for service engineers, but for those of us who maintain our own equipment, a small "niggle" I guess.

not to worry, the axis drive card is simple enough. I wont bother asking about the Protek multi-output PSU, as I suspect it will be the same answer.

Haas does not provide schematics for their parts as they take sole responsibility for the repair of their components. Haas service parts, including axis amplifiers are priced extremely competitively. Designs are constantly evolving and improving through R&D and field service reports. This process yields a superior product that is more robust than its predecessor and these upgrades are added to the replacement parts they produce.
    Thanks,
    Ken Foulks

Shame, I suppose it is one way of keeping the profits up. We ordered up the replacement fets anyway, should be an easy fix.