Okay, So I'm going to be doing my first project on my new CNC table in about a week.. There'll be another project I'm doing concurrently, but I'll start a separate thread for that...

This first one will be to build kitchen style cabinets from 23/32" furniture grade plywood... Will be building oak face frames the old fashioned way... doors and drawers to be made later, hopefully with the help of this table...

I currently have only Cut 2D, but plan to have V Carve Pro within a week...

I have a couple questions, one area of concern being 'methods' and the other being 'tools'..

1) There is no real place to clamp this down as it is going to be cut from full 4' x 8' sheets of plywood.. That stuff is never flat and needs to be clamped... I'd like suggestions from those of you who do cabinets with their CNC rigs regarding how to approach this... If I were to use V Carve Pro's nesting, does it allow for creating 'extra' space between components so that hold down screws can be used?

Should I cut all my dados first and then pocket some hold down holes in the bottom of the dado? The backs of the dados will be hidden, from view so that's not a huge deal, but I'd rather not have to go that route...

If I were to use common cuts for two edges of two different cabinet pieces, what size tabs are typical.. I am concerned about having these tabs where those edges are going to be mating surfaces inside of dados...

2) I plan to upgrade in a couple months to a slightly bigger router, but currently use a Porter Cable 690... I would like to consider using a roughing bit and then a finishing bit to cut these panels.. but I really don't know if that's the best way to go or not, nor which types to chose and what size...

I currently have noway to run the router other than at full blast, and unfortunately, I will have cut all or most of the cabinets by the time I can even afford to order a S-PID, much less receive it and finish installing it...

I can't afford to go 'cadillac' on the bits yet, but I don't want to buy crap either...

So I guess I'm asking for some advice here too..

Thanks,
Mark
:cheers: