586,414 active members*
3,216 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation plasmacam dhc

does anyone know anything about plasmacam? there program has way to much info to enter and there manual has you jumping from on page back to the next. I have a powermax 600 with a pac123 torch and they give you 3 settings to enter in a program that gives you 50 settings.
    so I thought I would ask the real pros. the guys that use the cutters.
    I have FINECUT, UNSHIELDED & SHIELDED Consumables I'm trying to cut 10,12, & 14 ga. i got everthing fix on the table( water in lines, bad ground, dhc fixed) messed with the settings in between screw ups and now there all screwed up. just need help with the settings
    this was ment to be part time but turning into full time
    any help would be greatful.
    [email protected]

Clint.

Yes, there are a lot of settings but leave most of them at factory defaults.
    What you want to concentrate on are Pierce Height, Cut Height and Cut speed. Those parameters are in your Hypertherm manual for each thickness of material.
    The Finecut consumables will give you the best cut on material up to 10ga. On anything over 10ga use the 40amp shielded nozzle. The unshielded parts are not used when cutting on a cnc table.
    The typical cut height is .062"
    FInd the setting for the "Arc Voltage Shift". That is the setting to calibrate the nozzle to the software. For the Finecut nozzle set the Arc voltage shift to .700 For the 40 amp nozzle set the arc voltage shift to 1.30
    That will get you started.