586,545 active members*
3,057 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > I can't seem to find any datasheets/info on my steppers :(

Question I can't seem to find any datasheets/info on my steppers :(

I have scavenged alot of steppers the last few years, but I can't find any data on them.
    I took a picture of those I beleive are the most common ones.
    Can any of you tell me something about these motors?

I downloaded the 111 page product catalog on Hybrid steppers from Sanyo Denki but I couldn't find a single one of my motors in it.

By the way... All of them are the 6-wire type motors, if that helps...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Steppers.jpg  

What data is it that you need? The motors seem to have the Volts and Amps printed on them. If you need to know which wires are which, then that's easy to figure out. So long as you have a multimeter that can read Ohms. You should ba able to calculate torque too, by hanging a weight from a lever attached to the motor spindle.

Regards Terry.....

Please elaborate on this torque-measuring methode?

I just drill a hole in the axle and insert a pin/screw, to wich I tie a string of some sort at a fixed distance from the center of rotation (1 inch), apply the maximum rated DC current to each winding (2 out of 4, i assume, as they are 6-wire steppers), and then use a newton-meter/fishing weight or similar to pull at the string (90deg angle to the pin/screw)until the motor skips, and then calculate from grams into OZ to find the torque/inch ?