There is an ANNOYING alarm that comes up on Mazak mills that NOBODY I have EVER known, knows how to clear without a minimum of 20 minutes of experimental button pushing in pure desperation to get the machine back up and running again.

The alarm occurs when an operator presses the "Reset" button while the machine is in the process of performing a tool change.

For myself and many others, hitting the "Reset" button is an immediate and instinctive reaction to the realization that there may be a problem somewhere or that the program or other data may have been inputted incorrectly to which it is necessary that the machines operation be terminated quickly from running.

Now I know that the ultimate solution is to NOT push the "Reset" button during a tool change, but sometimes instinctive reactions take control and I then get stuck with 20 minutes of time wasting and lots of cussing to clear this alarm which I (and others) clear only through random button pushing to which finally hitting the magical combination of buttons to clear it.

I would SO GREATLY APPRECIATE it if ANYONE here can PLEASE tell me the specific and correct way to clear this alarm on the Mazak CNC mills. It is not just limited to one model or version of Mazak CNC mill as it has occurred exactly the same on several different model Mazak mills. It is SO gosh-darn frustrating!! Please help!!

Thanks in advance.