586,307 active members*
3,702 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD/BobART question

Question BobCAD/BobART question

I am somewhat confused. Is BobArt Pro X included with BobCAD version 20.5 or is it an optional plug-in or completely different stand alone program?

I have BobCAD 20.5. How much would it cost to add BobArt Pro X if I need to, or where can I get pricing?

Thanks,
    Hu

Its an add-on. I cant remmember but around 300. I thinks its well worth it.
    Randy

thanks

Looks like I have it. There was no mention of it looking at the CD in Explorer and the set-up for BobCAD said no other modules were loaded. However I now have BobArt Pro X loaded on my machine.

Thanks,
    Hu

i am very new to this....should have my cnc router by the end of the week. it is very small and came with bobcad mach2.......i already have a number of graphics programs incdluding photo shop, and corel.......will this be enough to get me started or do i need signlab or signmate or the like to carve simple signs and photos.... i have both but they are used on other machines to run a laser , vinyl, and rotorory engraver. and i cannot share them without buying another key of some sort for the back of the computer........i also would like to find simple paterns i could practice with....HELP

You will need to unlock it after 30 days post install. It is definitely an add on. You will also notice that you have BobNest in there as well, the same thing, you can play with it for 30 Days but after that, you will need to unlock it.
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

JERRY McCARLEY
    Cuz
    Hi Dave:
    I also have Bobcad ver 20.5 &BobArt Pro X. Is the Bobnest a software that will
    run the Bobart program are do I have to purchase something like Geckos or EMC
    or some other program to be able to run my router ? You said to unlock Bobnest.
    Does that mean to buy it or just register it and how much does it cost?
    Thanks
    Cuz

BobCad program questions????

:wave:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz
    JERRY McCARLEY
    Cuz
    Hi Dave:
    I also have Bobcad ver 20.5 &BobArt Pro X. Is the Bobnest a software that will
    run the Bobart program are do I have to purchase something like Geckos or EMC
    or some other program to be able to run my router ? You said to unlock Bobnest.
    Does that mean to buy it or just register it and how much does it cost?
    Thanks
    Cuz

CUZ
    Bobnest is a nesting program. Gekko is a comany that sells boards that drive steppers, servos and EMC is control software.

So you design your program in bobcad, then send gcode to your control program thats sends signals to your servo or stepper drives.

Control Programs
    EMC
    Mach2 or 3
    Turbocnc
    cncpro

Hope this helps

Randy

Hi Folks,
    I have bobcat version 20...it came with bobart but not pro x....what are the advantages to buying pro x.....I just carve signs with the software

Bob
    I believe you can download bobart proX for a trial version and try it out. It has more goodies to it but try it yourself. Also try out Vcarve for comparison.
    Have fun.
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hutchinson
    Hi Folks,
    I have bobcat version 20...it came with bobart but not pro x....what are the advantages to buying pro x.....I just carve signs with the software

Just a sneaky bit of information here. If you are interested in purchasing a BobCAD add on or upgrade. Wait until Friday to inquire about the price. It is VERY adjustable. If they are running short on quota you can get a VERY VERY nice price. Not trying to beat up on BobCAD, I use it everyday and have had few problems. Just nice to get a good price when you can.