587,035 active members*
3,233 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Help On CnC Wood Router

Can any one help me please. I've been reading post and getting quotes from different places. I got quotes from Shopsabre, EZrouter, Shopbot. I'm looking for a 4x8 machine. Im looking into doing carvings, mdf stuff, cabinet doors, etc. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated thanks to all.

machine body weight,linear square rails,drive motors,spindle motor

Hi

The machine with heavy body is necessary the weight will keep the machine work smooth but without vibration. Good performance machine working with low noise
    Linear square rails this can keep your work with high resolution.
    drive motors it can be stepper motors and servo motors.surely servo motor with better performance.
    spindle motor can be water cooled spindle or wellknown brands for example HSD air cooling type.

Sure above only quality parts and installation also very important.This will decide the life of the machine working.

This is only my personal suggestion as a stuff from China manufacturer

Thanks

Bryant
    cnc router/laser cutting and engraving machine/cnc plasma cutting machine manufacturer
    www.eternalcnc.com ; [email protected]

Hi JMART,

I don't like to say any one manufactuer because it seems everyone online thinks I work for someone if I say anything about anyone but in my experience with CNC I have to agree with cncengraver on a few things and wanted to add a few things which I listed below:

1) You want a heavy frame or steel system. Stay away free cheaply built equipment because it will hurt you in the long run.

2) You want Linear Guide Rails and Linear Guide Bearings at least a double wiper ideally triple wipers because they will last a long time and never cause failures.

3)Steppers or Servo's does not matter if they are using quality and speed is not important. I know 100% for a fact that Steppers and Servo technology is very close but Speed with a Servo is much higher and in a good servo they will be A.C power with a closed loop system so they will remember their positive if you lose power or shut down. Most advanced stepper systems are very accurate though but Servo's are like the power windows of a car.. just nice to have.

4) I always recommend looking for a Ball Screw drive system... Rack is loud, its not nearly as durable, and in my opinion its less accurate over time.

5) Get a welded Steel Structure no bolt togethers or aluminum because strength comes with Steel and welded frames dont move so you dont waste time messign with alignments.

6) Stay away from China.. its crap

7) HSD Spindles are the best on the market in my findings. Also anything other then electric fan cooled is old technology and will not have the life. I had a buddy who worked with an HSD spindle and he said he got over 10,000 hours out of it.. I promise you wont get that from other systems.

Good Luck on your purchase and let us know what you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by JMART1 View Post
    Can any one help me please. I've been reading post and getting quotes from different places. I got quotes from Shopsabre, EZrouter, Shopbot. I'm looking for a 4x8 machine. Im looking into doing carvings, mdf stuff, cabinet doors, etc. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated thanks to all.
    Hi JMART,

This is Doris.Glad to help you.

Firstly,can i ask you some questions:

1.Do you need automatic tool changer?

2.You need hight configuration machine?

If don't need automatic tool changer and ask a common machine,then you can choose the machine with Square linear guideway,X,Y rack driving,Z axis ball screw driving.I checked your demands,you mainly used for woodworking,then i suggest you to equip the vacuum table and dust collector on the machine.

Any question,please feel free to contact with me.My email/MSN is [email protected] ,skype is lasercncmachine ,yahoo is [email protected] ,gmail is [email protected] .

Waiting for your answer.Have a nice day.

Best regards

Sincerely,

Doris

Newbie need help on cnc wood router

Here is the question that you need to ask yourself.

What is your budget that you are working with?

New or Used

Your budget will make the decision for you.

Technical support is very important, even more so then price. Just because you get a great price on the purchase, doesn't mean the technical support will be equally as great.

If you go used, do not skip a inspection, pay the money to have a tech inspect the machine, do not go on what the seller is telling you, lets be honest in some cases the seller does not realize what they have, example:

I am going to install a machine that a customer bought unseen, and no inspection, in looking at the control cabinet, I realize this machine is 440/460 and not 220/230, 3 phase and the customer had a phase converter, not 3 phase in their building. The seller believed the machine to be 220/230,it is a simply over site, but an inspection would have caught this.

You would have a used car checked out by a mechanic, it goes the same for a used cnc.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by JMART1 View Post
    Dear Jmart,

It is really important to ask more questions before your decision, the more questions you asked, the much better you know the machines. especially the service is very important.

please check more from different supplier, and ask questions, you will see the difference from the answers.

And really hope any opportunities between us.

Roctech
    CNC Router ATC|CNC cutting machines|CNC router machine Manufacturer-RocTech

it seems he was puzzled. yes. the budget is important, Chinese machine are low cost, and its quality is ok. cost less than $10000. if you can afford more. Germany or Italy machine will be better

The suggestion points from cncuser51 is right, but "stay away from China...it's crap" is totally rubbish. If Chinese CNC machines are, then why so many resellers import CNC router from China, then mark on their own brand as MADE IN USA??
    I can not deny that there are many Chinese manufactures produce poor quality and export with rather low price for competition. This not only affect the the same industrial healthy competition, also brought the poor impression and comment from the importers in other countries.
    Obviously it is hasty generalization about your comment. If Chinese products really give you such a poor impression, then you must be rather disappointed and think world is hopeless since now Chinese goods is in every corner of the world.

1. Thicken machine frame with well welded, then after special treatment.
    2. Superior quality self-cooling spindle;
    3. High quality bake lite vacuum table with free-oil vacuum pump;
    4. CE standard electrical parts with professional wire connection skills;
    5. Taiwan imported linear guide and bearing transmission on 3 axis, rack on x and y, ball screw on z axis;
    6. Easier-using control system;
    7. 24hours response promise
    Nobody will deny such an attractive CNC router. And do not forget to see its working performance video: OMNI1325 woodworking CNC router show video by omnicnc - Photobucket

OK, that's all today.

I don't know if you bought a unit yet but I have a Shopbot that will do pretty much any thing I need done. Just get a unit bigger then you think you need.

the budget is important, Chinese machine are low cost, and its quality is ok. cost less than $10000. if you can afford more. Germany or Italy machine will be better

i totally agree also Not to stay away from Chinese machines but ONLY IF you know what are you doing exactly

Welded structure and supported rails is a must

I dont know much about HSD spindles but stating that only air cooled is good is rubbish (chair). Most of the people here on the forum use Chinese water cooled spindles daily with great success, me also.

the difference between water cooled and air cooled spindle or router is night and day