586,375 active members*
3,265 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Satisfied

Satisfied

I could say a lot of things here but having just hung up with Alibre, now is not the time.
    Lots of new people at Alibre. One person whom is manager of support also is one of Alibre's success testimonials.
    Mark M makes Yo-Yos for his company String Theory. I am not sure which is the day job.
    Alibre cannot support AlibreCam period. I have just been told that by a gentleman in sales whom is also new.
    He states that he is a mechanical engineer and I should not expect immediate answers he could not even do that when he worked with a company that had thousands of seats of their software in play. He did say that he has not worked for a Cad/Cam company before. Makes me wonder just how many paid seats there are of AlibreCam.
    Stay away from this product if you need it to make a living you will save money with a $15000 seat from MasterCam or Gibbs.
    Or if that is out of the question just use notepad.
    Coding by hand is better that proofing 5-10000 lines of code to find the error then spending 50% of your time machining air.
    AlibreCam 2.0.48.0 expert does NOT play well with Alibre's 2011 API

David in hillsborough

Quote Originally Posted by dmerrll View Post
    I could say a lot of things here but having just hung up with Alibre, now is not the time.
    Lots of new people at Alibre. One person whom is manager of support also is one of Alibre's success testimonials.
    Mark M makes Yo-Yos for his company String Theory. I am not sure which is the day job.
    Alibre cannot support AlibreCam period. I have just been told that by a gentleman in sales whom is also new.
    He states that he is a mechanical engineer and I should not expect immediate answers he could not even do that when he worked with a company that had thousands of seats of their software in play. He did say that he has not worked for a Cad/Cam company before. Makes me wonder just how many paid seats there are of AlibreCam.
    Stay away from this product if you need it to make a living you will save money with a $15000 seat from MasterCam or Gibbs.
    Or if that is out of the question just use notepad.
    Coding by hand is better that proofing 5-10000 lines of code to find the error then spending 50% of your time machining air.
    AlibreCam 2.0.48.0 expert does NOT play well with Alibre's 2011 API

David in hillsborough

I use both without any problems at all. With about $2500 invested I can say that I'm a very satisfied customer. The Cam is pretty much identical to Visual Mill.

You might want to try the simulate feature if you're having problems with machining air.

Quote Originally Posted by Izitbrokeyet? View Post
    I use both without any problems at all. With about $2500 invested I can say that I'm a very satisfied customer. The Cam is pretty much identical to Visual Mill.

You might want to try the simulate feature if you're having problems with machining air.
    I have to agree, with a little imagination, I've succeeded in making every toolpath I've attempted. Attention to entrance and exit strategies (and understanding what the options do) can result in pretty efficient NC code.

Joe