587,006 active members*
3,225 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Taig Mills / Lathes > Amperage rating on Taig CNC mill motor relay?

Question Amperage rating on Taig CNC mill motor relay?

Does anyone know the amperage rating on the relay box that controls the motor (M3/M5 and also M8/M9) on the Taig CNC mill?

Also, I am interested in using this to run a shop-vac and maybe also a blower - I am machining polyurethane and it cuts beautifully but looks like a snowstorm - I am hoping an enclosure plus a blower to push it away from the cutter plus a shop-vac will clean that up as it happens. Would it be safe to use the same setup when milling aluminum? I have heard about the dangers of hot metal chips from e.g. grinding causing sawdust fires in woodshop vac systems, but so far my aluminum chips don't seem to carry heat very far from the cutter (and presumably the PU is much less flammable than fine sawdust). Maybe more of a problem with steel etc than aluminum?

thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

I had asked Kurt from Taig about this back in '07. According to him he said:

if you need to plug in more than one device to each outlet just get a multi-outlet plug adapter from your local hardware store and that will work. Just be sure that you do not exceed the 10 Amp limit for each relay socket.

Now they may have changed things since then, so you may want to shoot them an email to be sure.

Dave
    Dave->..

Quote Originally Posted by fretsman View Post
    Hi Mark,

I had asked Kurt from Taig about this back in '07. According to him he said:

if you need to plug in more than one device to each outlet just get a multi-outlet plug adapter from your local hardware store and that will work. Just be sure that you do not exceed the 10 Amp limit for each relay socket.

Now they may have changed things since then, so you may want to shoot them an email to be sure.

Dave
    I checked that with him, it is still valid:

Dear Mark,

Each outlet has a 10 Amp Solid State Relay.

Kurt

Thanks

Any thoughts on precautions I should take for the dust collection side of things?