586,845 active members*
2,319 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Y axis jumping

I have a milltronics Partner 1 cnc machine and the y axis motor jumps real bad unless my feed is real slow or real fast. Called milltronics and they said it sounded like the tach was dirty. I cleaned the tach to the best of my ability but still same problem. It doesnt seem to be losing position so I didn't think it was the encoder. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Hi - Sorry I can't help with this problem but I have a similar problem on a Pacer Cadet 1220 - Our current problem (and this is urgent - as I work for a sixth form college and it is coming up to Easter when all A level projects have to be completed) is this. The machine skips about 14.5 mm to the right on the Y-axis and starts accurately cutting the pattern at this offset - on one design it skipped for a second time - by the same amount

I am a competent ex-computer engineer who now works as a technician at the college but have no documentation and given the way the machine is housed cannot gain acces to the housing on the right hand end of the gantry which I assume contains the stepper motors etc. without cutting an inspection access into the perspex panel of the surround - I am perfectly happy to do this if I feel I can do anything worthwhile once inside does the machine use encoder wheels or indexing devices or any similar technology for confirming position that may benefit from cleaning?

I would appreciate any suggestions

Thanks - Nigel

Question Milltronics Jumping

Were you able to solve your problem?I have an Older Centurian I-1987 retro-if you feed too fast on mine (Yaxis negitive direction only) it will jump,this will improve slightly as the machine warms up more---Any help would be GREATLY Appreciated !!!!! Thanks Greg PS: Called Milltronics they are too busy too come fix it right now,over the phone he thought the tach wheel might need cleaning,but I am not sure how to do this.