587,013 active members*
3,748 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question rotary problems with laser engraver

Hi All.

I've been reading this site over the last few weeks and months, in the build up to buying a laser machine for my little business.

Anyway, the machine is here now and I am pretty pleased with it - I just have a couple of questions and I really hope someone would be kind enough to help me out.

First of all - the rotary!
    When I plug the rotary into the y axis and then engrave directly onto a glass (champagne flute or similar) My fonts and images BECOME MASSIVE!.

Our logo has a picture of a globe on it and it becomes really stretched. How do we resolve this, does anyone know?... It's driving me mad!

Secondly - the machine came bundled with corel draw 12 which is, to be kind, crap!. You install the software they gave and a little box appears in corel which allows you to export direct to laser. Can this be adapted to work in adobe illustrator, or is there an alternative?

Any help would be brilliant as this machine could be invaluable - if only I can get the bloody thing to do what I want!

Machine bought from: Liaocheng Shenhui Laser Equipment Co., Ltd. - China - Manufacturer

machine is: Mini laser engraver machine products, buy Mini laser engraver machine products from alibaba.com

I'd be more than happy to pay for help if someone was able to spare a few minutes putting it in an email to me. The instructions that came with the machine are not great. I'm half tempted to email the company and tell them I'm willing to write a decent instruction manual if they'll send me a free laser tube!

Thanks in advance for all your input - it really is appreciated.(chair)

Hi
    You didn`t tell us what is the software name.
    There are three different DSP systems with panels looking almost same.
    Each has other soft.
    As for rotary you can measure what you get and what you expect to?
    If the difference is 50% or 100% it is step motor settings problem.
    It is also possible the foult is in your software settings, but we do not know your software`s name.

liaocheng shenhui have a tech guy on skype , yarde feng , his skype name is yardefeng , try him for a solution. they sell 2 types of rotary , one with a lathe type chuck and one with 2 rollers, which one do you have?

I have one with 2 rollers....

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Gold View Post
    liaocheng shenhui have a tech guy on skype , yarde feng , his skype name is yardefeng , try him for a solution. they sell 2 types of rotary , one with a lathe type chuck and one with 2 rollers, which one do you have?

Be careful with Corel supplied with equipment (chair)
    We have really big problems in past as this software usually is not legal