586,651 active members*
2,779 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anyone seen this yet....

Seems Tormach has been busy as usual... Lookin' really good if you ask me. It is also different in design a bit from the Dave Decausin inspired model they posted earlier... Nice work Tormach!! Peace

Pete

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JEGNdghDVo&feature=feedu"]YouTube - Tormach ATC Beta Update #2: Engineering Sneak Peak[/nomedia]

ATC

... now we're cooking with gas ...

they cleaned up the machine really nicely for that video. 'wish my machine would look like that every once in a while

benji

I hear ya....

That new one sure looks nice tho doesn't it. It seems like they definitely improved the design. It also looks like a larger ring assembly for the toolrack. They are fast approaching a working toolchanger design for these mills and that will put the Tormach machine far out ahead of the similarly priced machines as long as they don't charge an arm and a leg for it. We shall see.... peace

Pete

Sorry for being critical but what do they show in the new #2 video that they didn't show in the previous #1 video from June last year, see link below.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X5AS4ohK4Q&feature=related"]YouTube - Tormach ATC at CNC Workshop[/nomedia]

What are the features and key criteria!

Phil

what's new

the new thing about the video was the announcement that they will launch the product in the short term.

I'm just surprise they used so much of the video showng a PCNC 1100 making holes in aluminium, we all know what that looks like, and hardly any time describing the ATC and it's features.

No big deal, just some idle gossip.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by benji2505 View Post
    the new thing about the video was the announcement that they will launch the product in the short term.

ATC Info

Well as far as info goes I think the Tormach Blog atricles
    Getting Very Close – ATC update « Milling Around
    Groovin’ for the ATC « Milling Around
    pretty much sum up the features of the ATC as well as a little insight on what us Beta guys commented on. It's a great product that does everything it's supposed to do, change tools. Also looking at Tormach's responses to the comments/feedback shows they are on top of the game making sure the full production model will be even better, if that is possible. I still occasionally want to walk to the machine when I hear the "Z" retract to tool change position, but not as frequently.
    I don't think I relayed my total satisfaction of this, it's "Awesome!"
    RAD. Yes those are my initials. Idea, design, build, use. It never ends.
    PCNC1100 Series II, w/S3 upgrade, PDB, ATC & 4th's, PCNC1100 Series II, 4th

That has gotta be....

Pretty damn sweet!! I think of all the time I spend sitting in front of the machine waiting for the toolchange. I have had occasion where I was making parts that were in a decent sized run and with several tools and it can wear you out. Having an electronic slave like that to do your bidding allowing you to go make new drawings or run the lathe or play with the kids or the dog or go fly a kite has just gotta be really really sweet. It is just a great addition. If the price is not unrealistic they should have a real winner here. Now All I gotta do is figure out how to make it FIT MY RF45!!! Honestly I think it is extremely cool and nice but probably out of my price range. I will have to resort to building my own I guess.... sob... peace

Pete

I really have a crush on those Tormachs. I may have to break down and get one someday.

The blog mentions a crash detection system, does anybody know anything about this feature.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by mrcodewiz View Post
    I really have a crush on those Tormachs. I may have to break down and get one someday.
    Yeah, me too... with the toolchanger!