586,263 active members*
3,799 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > What CNC to buy to custom cut sheet PVC?

What CNC to buy to custom cut sheet PVC?

Greetings....

I'm a signmaker and have a nice ongoing job coming up where I will be printing on 3 to 6 mil PVC sheets, but then have to custom cutout the printing on the sheets. The cutouts will constantly change because each design is low volume, and there will be 1000s of designs over the next few years.

The maximum PVC sheet size will be 2' X 3'... with the cutouts sometimes going very close to the edges.

I would very much appreciate everyone's opinions as to:

1. What is the most-affordable option and approximation of the cost?

2. What is the best method for cutting? Blade cutter? Router? Plasma? Laser? Is it safe to burn PVC near workers?

3. What would be the best software choices? We currently use Illustrator for most of our artwork... I will be looking at Mach3 soon...

I would love to find a low end way to get started, and as time goes by (and I learn more about CNC) I will know what to upgrade to when the time is right. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Hi~~I can help. If your want to cutout the printings on PVC sheets, I think blade cutting would be the best. Because Laser or plasma cutter is to strong to cut PVC sheets. The cutting edge would be a little bit coarseness. I wonder that if you know about the cutter used in footwear or garment industry? Designers in garment industry need to cut out different samples all the time. I guess you are kind of that situation, is that rigth?
    Here I suggest you to take a look at products of our company. We provide CNC paper/PVC cutting machines. You could try: Foshan Nanhai Ruizhou Technology Co., Ltd. - Shoes Patterns Cutting Machine, Leather Cutting Machine, Garments Patterns Cutting Machine that is our companywebsite. we are the leading manufacturer in cutting machines industry. I can be reach at MSN:[email protected] or skype:samhouj, or you can just E-mail me for more info. Hope it can help~