586,488 active members*
2,359 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: program size

program size

I was surfing around on these forums the other day looking for some RS232 info(I got it) and I came across a couple statements about how big the files some people are working with.

I was just wondering how big the NC files that you use on avarage are? lines/KB

for example the largest file I have made is a series of finishing passes the file size was about 1800000lines/67000kb
    the avarege file size I run is about 900000/16000kb.

so the open question is what is the largest file you have RUN, and what is the avarage size you usually run?
    the road to eternity is always behind the next car.

67000kb??? I hope you mean 67k or 67000 bytes....

Just did one last week at 543,876 bytes. Did one a couple years ago at 900k +. Average? Say, between 30k to 80k on VMC. 60k to 150k on HMC
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

No I mean 67000kb also known as 67mb

A 67 meg program...... YIKES! Whatcha makin'..... ?? Battleships from a single block? And that was only the finish passes!

On combined operations for single parts I've gone almost 4 megs. Can't picture 67,....

:cheers: :cheers:
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

We make headlights where I work and they have us make prototype optics fairly often, so you can imagine the amount of precision they want us to have. so we end up using half inch cutters with almost no stepover at a tolerence of .0003" then there are 3 steps of leftover commands and they are almost as bad.