586,301 active members*
4,119 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

lookin for AL. need help

I'm new to this internet forum thing, so bear with me please. I'm searching for knowlege. I'm working on a fanuc A06B-6055-H212 spindle drive for an 11TTF control. Main PCB A20B-1001-0120. Small PCB A20B-0008-024. I started testing Transistor Modules. They are Fugi A050L-0001-0109/M. (evl32-060d).
    As you know they are Darlington.. if not Double. My question is this..can I test C1,B1,E1 forwards and back, find a fault in all 4 TMs, and know that they are shorted? Or do i need to involve C2,B2,E2? I do all testing with no wires attached. I'm used to yaznak. lot less things in there.

Thanks

Yes you should be able to test with a meter, the problem is if the fault is on the firing board you stand the risk of blowing a set of IGBT's if this is the case, Fanuc recommend testing the board also.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks for the response Al. Let me give you a short rundown and you tell me what you think.I just started work at a new shop that had bought a used machine a few months before I started.They fired it up,all good. Spindle,x1,x2,z1,z2 all good(in manual and auto). With no chuck,it was not put into production. They would fire it up once a month just to keep it warm. When I started, it was my First priority. All good other than spindle,wont spin. Throws AL-02(which it should.Im telling it to go 500, and its going 0). My first thought is TMs. According to my knowledge, C to E test should never conduct.
    Forwards or backwards. The C1 to E1 do conduct one way.And thats only the 1St half of the TM. All 4 TMs test the same.

So here is my search for Knoweledge....

1) Am I right when I assume that All TMs are bad? (they all conduct C1 to E1 one way)
    2) Is this normal? (I wasn't suprised much,because they are all linked by factory jumpers)
    3) I'm not an electronic technician
    4) I'm not educated enough to test a PCB
    5) I don't know what IGBT stands for(I'm thinkin the whole set of TMs)
    6) Thank You.

Usually if the outputs are shorted it shows a -12 alarm, if there is a spindle feedback to the drive, pulse generator etc, check this, especially if alarms only when a speed is commanded.
    Al.

Albert E.

Thanks again Al. I'll try to simplify what I need to know... If a Fugi Transistor Module #A50L-0001-0109/M is sitting on my table, not attached to Anything, should C1 and E1 conduct either way? + to-,- to+?(red probe +, black probe -)? It is my understanding that collector and emitter should never conduct.

Maybe its easier if I say it this way..

TM1..
    BE+(meaning red to B) =345ohm
    BE-(black to B)=345ohm
    BC+ = 545ohm
    BC- = infinity
    CE+ = infinity
    CE- = 395ohm

All 4 TMs measure this way. Am I correct in knowing they are bad?

Sorry Al. I also should have mentioned, the spindle won't spin at all using manual or auto. I believe the positon coder(spindle feedback, pulse coder,whatever you want to call it) is good because if I spin it by hand, The display will show RPM. 2-5 rpm. about as fast as i can spin it.

If the spindle only goes into error when you try to rotate, it is most likely not the IGBT's (Bi-Polar Transistors).
    If there is a pulse generator from motor to drive, this could be the culprit, the encoder you are turning is probably one on the final spindle shaft to the CNC controller.
    Al.

Albert E.

Thanks again Al. Is there simple way to test this pulse generator?

A 'scope, or in a pinch, a meter if you turn it very slow to monitor pulses from common to the A & B pulse.
    Al.

Albert E.