586,094 active members*
4,110 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need help with BOSS 8 system

Hi,

I am new to the forum as well as to CNC machines.

I am trying to help a friend get an old bridgeport up and running which is a BOSS 8 system.

We installed a D9 connector in place of the older round connector and have been trying to communicate via RS232 using several computers.

We are using a program called ezlink. It seems to communicate but only back to the computer. I can download info from the bridgeport and essentially erase all of the g code in a .txt file. When I try to upload a .txt file it just sits there saying "working..." and when you operate the controls on the bridgeport the computer says something along the lines of "aborted by cnc"

We have tried everything from an XP computer with a USB to serial adapter to an older 486 laptop running windows 95 at the command prompt. EZLINK gives the same results, it seems to communicate with the machine but its not possible to upload the g code.

We have both the boss 8 system and computer set to 4800 baud.

Is there something silly I'm missing?

Thanks.

Mr. Tube

Having the same issue you are having. I have limited experience with CNC. I have been programing and have spent some time running our CNC machine (Fryer VB-60 with Anilan 6000 controls). My friend bought a Bridgeport Series II a while back and I have been trying to help him get it going. It's been very frustrating to say the least. I hope there is someone out there who can help.

Quote Originally Posted by wvc3 View Post
    Mr. Tube

Having the same issue you are having. I have limited experience with CNC. I have been programing and have spent some time running our CNC machine (Fryer VB-60 with Anilan 6000 controls). My friend bought a Bridgeport Series II a while back and I have been trying to help him get it going. It's been very frustrating to say the least. I hope there is someone out there who can help.

What a small world eh? :wave:

EZLINK is for port B, EZCOM is for port A. EZLINK is fixed at 4800 baud as you have it.
    EZCOM can edit a program in memory and can take different Baud. Both should transfer a program. What is the length? Have you tried MDI store to write a simple program, send it to the PC, rename it and send it back?
    There is a tech bulletin covering this. If you search the forum you would have found reference to it. Give me a Email address and I will send you a copy.
    I do carry a laptop (old Compaq) running WIN 95 just to communicate with machines and it has a serial port. I have not found a USB to RS232 converter that works. I have heard that the PCMCIA to RS232 works but have not tried it.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Go to Odin, Ltd.'s website (odinltd.net) and fill in the contact form and they will contact you. They handle CalMotion interface units that are as dirt simple as it gets to set up and use.

Mr. TUBE

Friend I have a favor look damaged my cnc bridgeport and I have no DX32 support BOSS V8

It possible that I can give and / or sell copies of the Software???

thanks

Victor
    [email protected]