586,409 active members*
3,077 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Bearings

Bearings

I just got my order in from Mcmaster. I ordered 6 of these bearings and they are garbage. The outsides aren't milled smooth. The center part of the bearing wiggles back and forth like crazy. I also received 2 of the same bearings but in 3/8" and they are nice and tight and milled perfectly smooth. Another thing I would like to add is the way they pack those expensive precision rods. Just throw them in a tube with no packing. I had 3 rods in one tube with no packing and they got beat and banged around all the way to my house. They look like they will be alright. Just venting, sent email to Mcmaster about the bearings...

Bearings

I just ordered mine from Ball Bearings:Miniature bearings:Ceramic Bearings:Bearing after receiving a few recommendations from prior users. They confirmed right away and included free priority shipping, so they should be here tmw. I will post again with how they were packaged and the quality if you like.

Thanks, I ordered some new ones from a different place. The other ones are going back!

I've always had good support from mcmaster. Call them or write and they will send replacements. Least they did for me. THey sent me (with out sending the orignals back) a 2 sets of pinion gears when I complained of marred/uggly teeth.

b.

I ordered a few of those from McMaster myself. Total turds. I have been getting bearings from VBX Bearings for a while now, and have been pleased with them.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelthomas View Post
    I ordered a few of those from McMaster myself. Total turds. I have been getting bearings from VBX Bearings for a while now, and have been pleased with them.
    I can't believe how bad they were either. Those cheap bearings that are in the stamped sheet metal cases are better than these are.I have been ordering stuff from Mcmaster for 20 years this is the first time I have ever sent anything back because it was junk.