Whats the purpose of having a dual shaft stepper? Unless you where using both ends to drive something. I am going order my electronics tomorrow and have been browsing Keling's site and all of the G540 kits come with dual shaft motors. I would really like a single shaft. Whats better a 4 wire setup or 8? On one of the kits I noticed that if you bought everything separately it was $40 cheaper. Why, I thought there was usually a price break if you bought a kit. Still torn between a nema 23 kit or a 34. There is only a difference of 78 oz-in's of torque between the kit, is that a noticeable difference. I would really like to stick with a nema 23 kit because the motors are physically smaller and I could save around $100 also. My machine is only 24"x48" all out of aluminum, gantry weight shouldn't be no more than 40-45lbs. I am also using 1/2-10 5 start screws, think I could get by with the 23's? I am going to get this project underway next weekend and plan on having it done in a couple of weeks. I will start an official build thread if anyone is interested.
Thanks Guys