586,398 active members*
3,054 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > help with stepper motor datasheet/specifications

help with stepper motor datasheet/specifications

Hi,

I got a stepper motor SANYO DENKI 103-718-14441 B from an old printer and I need the datasheet or specifications. Please, help. I remember (!!) that I read somewhere that for SANYO DENKI the third digit (3) means Amperage, the second group of digits the torque, and the letter B or U means Bipolar or Unipolar. Honestly, I am not sure that I read this or only I dreamed it....

Thank you for help.

Zoltan

Hi,

Nobody can help with this? At least a place on the net where I can find out the specs. I navigated a lot searching for and nothing. Please, help.

Thank you,

Zoltan

Quote Originally Posted by zoltan
    Hi,

Nobody can help with this? At least a place on the net where I can find out the specs. I navigated a lot searching for and nothing. Please, help.

Thank you,

Zoltan
    hi Zoltan
    can I help you? : -)
    don't the datasets be found of that motor, and you don't know how to do to know their electric characteristics?

can simply measure the resistance of a phase!
    and point out me the value in ohm.
    Or we do so, specify me how many wires go out of the motors and it send a photo of the motors themselves.
    Then I tell you in approximate way that type of motors is.
    hi
    my steppers turn to 17000 step/s, my stepper drivers arrive to more than 50000 step/ses :- (

Hi,

The motor has 6 wires. The coil has 9 ohms, and of course between tap and ends are 4.5 ohms. I have no other information than the serial I have posted already.

Thank you,

Zoltan

Zoltan,
    Have a look at this guys CNC Machine which uses Stepper Motors similar to yours.
    He has a working area of about 300 X 500 mm.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/janrose/Cnc%20Router.htm

Don't give up with what you have. I've built a similar machine which has; X=500 Y=380 Z=50 as its working area.
    I'm using M8x1.25mm threaded rod as leadscrews which give a resolution of .0065mm per step.
    Just be prepared for a lack of speed and torque.
    Skype me on imagineeringnz
    ----------------------------
    Intuitor: (noun)
    A person with a passion for learning and innovating that is so strong it is often more powerful than the desire to eat, sleep or seek personal wealth.
    Ummm . . . Guilty as charged.

Quote Originally Posted by zoltan
    Hi,

The motor has 6 wires. The coil has 9 ohms, and of course between tap and ends are 4.5 ohms. I have no other information than the serial I have posted already.

Thank you,

Zoltan
    9 ohms?
    they are so many!!
    to use well that motor in bipolar chopper, should feed it at least to 100 + voltses.
    that is only a monopolar motor, using it with a bipolar driver you would not succeed in making as power max to make it, not even if I used some gekos as driver.
    in monopolar you can use it, feeding it to at least 12- 15 volts, but you would always have the problem that to some speeds the motor loses torque.
    this phenomenon he resolves only with the bipolar pilotage chopper, on a cutter cnc not and advisable to use monopolar driver, you would always have losses of streps and little available couple, and with economic driver you would also have always the problem of as to regulate the courrent.
    according to me it is not a good investment to use that motor on a cutter cnc, even if it is possible to use you would always have them problems.
    my steppers turn to 17000 step/s, my stepper drivers arrive to more than 50000 step/ses :- (