586,500 active members*
1,860 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V23 Text Fonts, where'd they go??

V23 Text Fonts, where'd they go??

I have V23 mill, and use alot of the windows Text fonts for plasma cutting projects. I recently installed it on a new PC, and when I called Bobcad to re-register my Key, I was told I needed to download to an updated version. I did so, got V23 registered, and all was well. However, now I've noticed it seems alot of the text fonts that I used to have are gone. Is there anywhere I can download these missing fonts?

I basically miss the more cursive font styles.
    www.steelplinkers.com

New PCs come with just the basic fonts that are wrapped with whatever Windows version you are running. If you had any special fonts in the old PC, they will need to be installed in the new one. I'm not exactly sure but you may be able to copy them from the font folder in your old PC and paste them over to the new one with a thumb (USB) drive.

Fonts are in c:\windows\fonts

Go to your computers help and ask how.There is a certain way to do it.And,also,there are lots of sites on internet with tons of fonts for free.Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Go to your computers help and ask how.There is a certain way to do it.And,also,there are lots of sites on internet with tons of fonts for free.Google it.
    Its the Fonts subdirectory of the Windows directory, you can just copy and paste from your old computer to the new one I think.
    you might have to re-boot before they appear in bob-cad.

Ah thanks that worked. I didnt realize the fonts in Bobcad were actually the fonts in windows

Although I didnt find the font I needed to match the customers project, I was able to find the old windows font folder (I had saved the old partition on the HD when I reinstalled windows) and put the fonts back into the new windows folder.

I looked at alot of "free" fonts, but didnt see anything very useful. Also the sites looked pretty questionable to me. I looked at some sites that had fonts for sale, I never realized how much money they wanted for fonts o.o Some were more than $200, ridiculous.
    www.steelplinkers.com