587,048 active members*
2,812 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

First time help

Hi all,

im building a cnc machine and iv bought a cnc controller which basically does everything i need. I have bought a laser module with 2.5watts of power and it runs about 3 amp. Iv been told its interface has a ttl input. My interface ion the board is designed i think for a motor because it is voltage controlled via p.port. on p.c. Has anybody or does anybody no what set up can be used to drive a laser with this board;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-0-5-2-5A-3...item3a61c03e8d

im using mach3, would you run a plasma profile and have continuous voltage on spindle output? im gona try and post a pic of the laser its self, its quite a beast, iv yet to handle it my self. It runs a peltier cooler and has a range of about 15mm to 150mm with good cutting depth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN6182.JPG   DSCN6183.JPG   DSCN6185.JPG   DSCN6187.JPG  

I'm a bit unsure of what your question is. Can you provide more details?

The board that you linked to on eBay is designed for controlling several stepper motors. It also has some auxiliary inputs and outputs for handling things such as relay controls and limit switches.

There is a lot of info on this site about using that board with Mach3 to control steppers and CNC machines - just do a search on TB6560 to bring up a list of relevant threads.

I'm not completely certain about how you want to control the laser, or whether your question is related to the software aspects or the electronic aspects of that control.

Did you get the laser through eBay as well?

il have a search on using mach 3 with lasers, thats all that im after really. I just diditn know if this board could be addapted in that way as to accept ttl input lasers as above. I did purchase a laser which was 260mw from ebay but it was naff on testing, then i emailed the guy and he suggested to go for the one above, hes based in turkey and i think it comes to (including postage) around 280usd, which is in the uk about 180 squids. Never built a cnc before, but im trying to adapt it initially to run everything, meaning at a later stage i can swop over to routers or even milling. This cutter cuts on one pass over 2mm plastic. Have you got any experience in any of the above? any tips you could give me?

dunc