586,356 active members*
2,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Easy nesting software

Can anybody recommend some simple nesting software (freeware if possible) that I can input a 2D DXF file into and then upload it into a Burny 2.5 on an X, Y plasma table. Thank you.

RE: Newbie Easy Nesting Software

Hi,

NestMaster from MTC Software would be a good place to start. It's not a freeware but is aimed at entry-level applications for plasma and oxyfuel cutting and is priced accordingly. You can obtain a free trial at NestMaster Nesting Software System

Regards,

Thanks Kerfit. Sorry for the late reply, I have been out of town. I have used NestMaster in the past but now our local supplier is asking $2000.00 (R15 000) for the basic package. This is twice the price we paid 18 months ago and the reason I'm looking for something else. Regards, Peter.

i'm looking for this as well.. but.. FREE is just a word that doesn't comes with NESTING... it seems.

You're going to be hard pressed to find a free nesting software that has high enough quality to even make it worth using. It's unfortunate, but it's the truth. There are plenty of free demos out there on the web, but to get the quality out of those you're going to have to purchase the full versions. Check out this free demo SigmaNEST Request For Information Form then you can decide whether its worth the purchase or not.