586,903 active members*
2,702 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Carbon Fiber

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bevinp View Post
    "If you cut cast iron, cut without coolant and do the same. Otherwise the next time you cut aluminum you will not like the result!"

307Startup,
    What is the result?
    Bevin
    It has been my experience that cast-iron fines in the coolant will leave a nasty embedding of iron particles in the aluminum. You end up with aluminum that rusts and exhibits galvanic corrosion that starts from the moment the part is being cut.

Bigger shops that do a variety of parts often have a nice coolant filtration system that prevents this from occurring, without having to have material-specific machines or coolant swap-outs. I don't have this luxury.

As I anodize my aluminum at-home, I have had some experience with the problems caused by this scenario...and it was only after much frustration that the light-bulb came on in my head and I was able to remedy it.

Besides which, cast-iron cuts beautifully without coolant, so it's not like you're depriving yourself of any benefits by going this route. YMMV, but I don't like to give out bad advice, free or not.

Quote Originally Posted by 307startup View Post
    As I anodize my aluminum at-home, I have had some experience with the problems caused by this scenario...and it was only after much frustration that the light-bulb came on in my head and I was able to remedy it.

I would like to start doing that, but I keep running into concerns on regulations and inspections. Feel free to PM me any information if you know of any, hate to start a debate here. basically what I have found is that any product made from anodizing/plating fall under the Fed regulations.... I need good info before I tell the city I am doing that.

Re: Carbon Fiber

We manufacture items in bulk materials. Our main purpose is to meet the needs of clients by offering them the perfect production technology and product of high quality. Our services include the analysis of carbon fiber elements, carbon fiber sheets,3D drawings, and models.