586,688 active members*
2,799 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need good interface program

As some of you on here may have seen, we got our first swiss style machine about 2 months ago. We have been fighting gremlins in the machine along with the standard swiss learning curve. So far, so good! Thank you folks for all of your help thus far.

I am here looking this time to find out what is a good, simple program to use on a computer to interface with our Citizen E32. Until now, I have been manually writing G-code programs right in the machine. That works fine, but the machine is quickly running out of memory so I need a way to get my good programs out of the machine and back in when needed.

I have a book for a Mits. 320 control, but my machine has the 330 control. I would say I could still use the information in it, but it was written before Windows 95 was even out, and primarily talks about tape drives. The machine has RS232 capabilities.

I would prefer a program that works in Linux, but would not be against using Win95, -98, or XP if I have to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Mike

WIN-CNC from Citizen is a great tool that will do all the RS-232 communication stuff and program storage that you want.
    Plus some really nice program editing tools that make programming from scratch a little easier.
    It's reasonable priced, I would recommend it highly.
    I know many that have full CAM packages and still use WIN-CNC daily.
    HTH
    Good luck.
    Control the process, not the product!
    Machining is more science than art, master the science and the artistry will be evident.

We use a simple DNC windows based program from Refresh Your Memory, we bought a lap top and made a cable to go from a usb port to the RS-232, this was the trickiest part. The enitire package with a new Dell lap top cost somewhere around $1300. The soft wear was around $600, this was a few years ago. It doesn't help you do any programing, but its good for editing and storage, down load the good programs to a zip drive and you will never lose them. All our machines have Fanuc controls and you can set up as many different communication sets ups as you need. I just walk over to what ever machine we need a program in, plug it in and start transfering info.

I think the web site is RYM.com, check it out, can't get a DNC system much cheaper than this.

I like the spectrum multi dnc. Much smoother interface than the rym one, I have that one as well. You can always use windows terminal if you don't want to spend money. I think the multi dnc gave you a forty hour free trial period.

Quote Originally Posted by ProProcess View Post
    WIN-CNC from Citizen is a great tool ...
    Here is a link for Win-CNC

There is a demo version ...
    Control the process, not the product!
    Machining is more science than art, master the science and the artistry will be evident.