586,471 active members*
3,659 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

If you have retrofitted

To all who have already retrofitted a Bridgeport cnc.If any of you kept the original electronics pls e-mail me.I am in need of a capacitor that came in the R2E3 and is very difficult to find.I am not asking for a freebie, I will gladly pay for this item.

The item is an electrolytic capacitor, 5000UF,200VDC.

When I lived outside of Orlando there was a place called SKYCRAFT SURPLUS (or salvage). They had all sorts of strange stuff like was found in downtown Manhattan 30 years ago. Electronic "junk" shop full of stuff, good as gold to the right people. Anyway, This place in Orlando had a wall of O'scope, power supplies, military surplus Nicad batteries, meter, relays, screws, and electronic components. Do a Google search and see if they are still there. They may have caps such as these. Remember that caps can be put in parallel to achieve a higher capacitance and they can be mounted remotely with a thick enough wire.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Digikey has loads of 1000 uF 200V capacitors in stock. You can yuse five in parallel. It's not and exact replacement but it is electrically equivalent.

Boss 5 "guts"

I have two Boss5's that will be retrofitted soon. I can see if they have caps like you need.

Scott

Capacitor found in Texas warehouse.Thanks for help.