586,378 active members*
2,601 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

BobArt Tool Path

I'm new to BobCad so please bear with me.

In BobArt I can create embossed text (and geometry), and it looks very nicee, but I can't see how to produce a toolpath! Is there something I need to do to get the text to show in the Cam tree?

Thanks

click on the cam tree , and your cutting options are there
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Sorry, I must be missing something obvious!

In CAM tree I can see the embossed text and workpiece. I can add a slice planer, select tool, geometry and boundry and compute tool path. It does something for a few seconds. From milling tools I can recompute all tool paths, again it does something, but post does nothing - no message, nothing.

I'm using V24.

Thanks

sounds like your doing everything right ?

if you can post the file on here then you may get quicker and more accurate help . unfortunately v24 files can't be opened with version 23 which most of us are running .
    but I'm sure if you post the file on here someone who is running v24 will be able to see what is going wrong ,
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

I deleted the project, started again and it worked! I had already done that a couple of times without success.

So, now I can move forward but with frustration as I don't know what is different so have have learnt nothing.

Thanks for the prompt help and support.

A common oversight with BobArt is the surface created and geometry selection for the machining... Remember that any slight change to the emboss and a regeneration, will require a "reselection and acceptance" of the geometry selected for the toolpath operation, as the old geometry selected no longer exists.