587,004 active members*
2,768 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 11 of 22 91011121321
    Are DMM servos NEMA mounting?
    Which is heavier A lb of butter or a lb of feathers?
    Which has more power.A 750 Watt 410 oz-in continuous servo or a 640oz-in stepper?
    Larry
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

Torque is torque, although the 640oz-in stepper is higher torque, the torque curve drops off rapidly with rpm unless ways are carried out to maintain the current and hence torque.
    A Generality is a stepper possesses are higher torque for a given frames size.
    Servo torque is fairly flat up to the max. rated rpm.
    Both have maximum torque at zero rpm.
    Can't answer the NEMA question.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

1 day shipping from Canada to Maryland USA for 48 dollars... I will take that!

Mr. Li had a new servo in my hands within 48 hours of my email to him on Sunday. Yes I paid for a new motor, I figured I could use the repaired motor some time in the future for a 4th axis!

Thank You DMM - I have no regrets choosing you for my first two CNC builds.
    Kelly
    www.finescale360.com

Quote Originally Posted by asuratman View Post
    Hi Mactec54,
    Will DMM release the new product in march? Can you describe the new product now and price?
    Was talking to Hui today, and he he says March release for the AC driver, 3000 rpm on the 900 watt motor and a price of 390 each. 100 of them are coming.

Venor thanks for the good news.BTW that motor has been de-rated to 750Watt.
    I checked pricing on Sure servo for a similar rated system.Are you sitting down?almost $1200.
    SVA-2100

AMP, AC SERVO, 1KW, 230V, 1 PH /3 PH, (FOR USE WITH 750W AND 1KW MOTORS)
    Click here to review components necessary to build a complete SureServo system.

$627.00

SVL-207

MOTOR, AC SERVO, 750W, LOW INERTIA, 230V, NO BRAKE, 2500 COUNT ENCODER
    Click here to review components necessary to build a complete SureServo system.

$510.00

I think the new drive does not require a power supply,saving money.Many members have been waiting for this.Wonder how long stock of only 100 will last?

I echo the same feelings. I was totally Green few weeks ago when I started working on my control box. DMM rep was with me all the way from wiring and connector selection to driver provisioning (for provisioning part, rep was with me on the phone) and during wiring I was sending pictures of my progress and was getting feedback.

My router machine is nowhere close to be delivered and I will not know how good DMM product is but service is first class.

I had couple of plastic broken parts (packing was pretty good but I guess these small parts came under motor heavy weight), DMM send me these parts and showed me the postage receipt. I have not received these parts yet but DMM is telling me that if I do not get them by weekend, they will ship these parts overnight. This damage was not DMM fault and I offered to pay but person at DMM side just sent the part !!!!

I took 5-6 weeks before deciding to buy DMM and sales person was very patient with me. No pressure, instead he was showing me different options and even offered me 75V upgrade and also offered to make control box for me. I can feel that sales person was interested in helping me instead of making the sale for the company. I was told few days ago from router table vendor that I will need more power and DMM response was no problem. Send us drivers and we will upgrade them.

Too good to be true compared to my recent experience with another vendor on the zone.

I have nothing to do with DMM business, just a very satisfied customer. Hope this review will help other folks on the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by kregan View Post
    1 day shipping from Canada to Maryland USA for 48 dollars... I will take that!

Mr. Li had a new servo in my hands within 48 hours of my email to him on Sunday. Yes I paid for a new motor, I figured I could use the repaired motor some time in the future for a 4th axis!

Thank You DMM - I have no regrets choosing you for my first two CNC builds.

past the middle of march and no driver?

Any one know what is going on with the new driver?:wave:

woffler,

I'm sure it will not be long till they are available.

Any idea if they are also going to offer more powerful servos?

Their servos are in a similar price range to some of the VFD spindle setups.
    The 900W servo (or a 1.1-1.4KW offering) would have enough power for most of the smaller benchtop machines and allow rigid tapping and other such trickery.

Quote Originally Posted by 691175002 View Post
    Any idea if they are also going to offer more powerful servos?

Their servos are in a similar price range to some of the VFD spindle setups.
    The 900W servo (or a 1.1-1.4KW offering) would have enough power for most of the smaller benchtop machines and allow rigid tapping and other such trickery.
    keep in mind the "900w" motor isnt 900w continuous, and isnt very fast. but you have the right idea. if they offered one that was high voltage and 5000rpm and in the 700w+ continuous range it would be very very nice.

keling offers a delta servo thats 1kw and rated to 5000rpm. its almost 3x the price of the dmm "big" servo kit, but its the cheapest "high end" servo ive seen suitible for the task so far.

ihavenofish

I have told you before,there 92GM-DHT-72
    •Rated 750W
    •Peak stall Torque: 7.2Nm
    •Continuous stall Torque: 2.9Nm
    • Rotor Inertia: 2.05 Kg-cm2

This same motor running on there new 120V 220V AC Servo Drive runs at 5,000 RPM plus

The new Drive is close to release may be this week, It can run motors up to 2kw so I'm sure there will be other motors
    coming, that will benefit this new drive
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7.2 Nm Brushless Ac servo motor.jpg  
    Mactec54

It looks like their new offerings might be more well suited. 5000RPM with 7.2Nm peak stall is a pretty big improvement over their 48V drive.

Their product announcement mentioned the new drive would be good for 0.75-2.0Kw so perhaps we will get lucky with larger motors in the future as well.

Most of my cutting is aluminium with <1/2" endmills, I'm not actually sure how to determine what spindle wattage I need though.

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    ihavenofish

I have told you before,there 92GM-DHT-72
    •Rated 750W
    •Peak stall Torque: 7.2Nm
    •Continuous stall Torque: 2.9Nm
    • Rotor Inertia: 2.05 Kg-cm2

This same motor running on there new 120V 220V AC Servo Drive runs at 5,000 RPM plus

The new Drive is close to release may be this week, It can run motors up to 2kw so I'm sure there will be other motors
    coming, that will benefit this new drive
    what you say changes every post you make... i said its not 900w.. you say its 750. thus, its not 900w and you agree with me

in any case, a product that isnt out, is a product that doesnt exist. when the new drive is out - with accurate specifications, ill be happy to agree with you. the specs on the website now - which have been altered since our last "conversation" on the matter, are still completely random and mathematically wrong.

You still had the same stall torque with the 48V Drive Just lower RPM There is a 60V drive as well that gave you 1350 RPM on that same motor as well with the same stall torque

I will be testing some different motors with the new drive one will be a 1.5Kw Yaskawa motor, But will need a different encoder interface to run it
    Mactec54

ihavenofish

You should go fish somewere else, your lack of knowledge shows with every post you make you continue to twist around what is being said

I have explanded how this works may times

The 900W was the max output when the motor was run on 48V, the motor has always been a 750W motor nothing has changed only the input voltage
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    ihavenofish

You should go fish somewere else, your lack of knowledge shows with every post you make you continue to twist around what is being said

I have explanded how this works may times
    youve only managed to explain that you absolutely nothing about motors.
    now, is there some particular incentive for you to mislead people about the specs of these motors? cause i think most people would really like to know what they are actual buying, and not some imaginary spec that means nothing.

I like this thread as I know absolutely nothing about motors and am learning.
    I like the fact a servo motor has the same torque regardless of voltage.Higher voltage just increases rpm.I think DMM has a good idea.The motor in question becomes universal in use by changing the supply voltage.The 48Volt 1,000 rpm would be great with 3/1 gearing for rack&pinion .while at higher voltage and rpm It would be good with 5 tpi ballscrews?The only thing I do not like about DMM is the power supply.Linear is better!
    750Watt is 1 horse power.That is a good kick in the... moderators would delete if I used the word so lets say but.
    Have I learned anything about motors?
    Larry

RE: the new drive

I own five of the 7.2 NM motors under discussion ,and i will purchase a new drive for testing as soon as they are released .
    And like other's will report the good and the bad after a decent test period . I am using one now for a spindle drive for threading on a duality lathe .

I have others on a mill for axis drives XYZ and A with harmonic drive and chuck. Hopfully the speed will be as talked about because i sure could use it on the A Axis and lathe drive.:wee:

I see by the photo in #211 that whoever makes these motors also appears to make the Mikini BLDC 3hp spindle motor, the casting and construction is identical in every respect.
    I would be curious to know what the pole count is of the DMM servo's?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Al_The_Man

They could be the same case, But Dmm have there own motor manufacturing plant
    Mactec54

Page 11 of 22 91011121321