586,919 active members*
2,593 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

It WORKED!!!! The utilities got me over the A:\ hump. Now I loaded the EZ Trak v6 software from the A:\ and I can get to the EZ Trak startup screen. Up in the top left corner I get BMDC--XX countdown, then "POSSIBLE POINTER ERROR" and SYS.DAT not opened and then "GP FAULT - FATAL ERROR, SOFTWARE WILL TRY TO EXIT TO CLEAR ERROR". If I hit Y or N the system will reboot and it will do it all over again, load from the A:, go to EZ Trak startup screen, etc... What do I need to do know? We have almost got this solved.

now I'm getting Error setting Paramter 1, how do I get to parameters screen? and why do I have to have the disk still in floppy to boot up to eztrak screen?

error setting parameter 1... oh so familar.... you need b3t.exe to test the bmdc board... you could pull the card clean the connectors and retry it. hopefully the card is not bad. if it is the good news is i found a reliable place to fix them alot cheaper then emi. i have had 3 done so far and they are perfect. even have a 1 year warranty on em. as far as needing the floppy. sounds like it didn't transfer the os. you might try the sys c: command at the a: prompt.

I will try the cleaning, but I need to check which floppy has the SYS file, my MS-Dos Startup or my EZTrak V6.0 floppy

if you can't find b3t.exe let me know it helped diagnose card failure on my ez-track. it had the same symptoms as yours